SALAD IN A JAR

Probably the wrong crowd to discuss salad, but I get strange cravings sometimes...

525196_524235830953588_256897893_n.jpg

The newest lunch obsession. SALAD IN A JAR save space in your fridge and reduces food waste!

Directions: Layer salad ingredients beginning with dressing on the bottom of the jar (important to preserve freshness of veggies). Use, shredded carrots, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, radishes, seeds and nuts, chopped peppers, broccoli, cauliflower and top with choice of greens like romaine lettuce or spinach. Add proteins such as chopped egg or pre-cooked chicken/lunch meats.

When ready to eat: shake jar, place on a plate, and eat!

Always remember to put the dressing at the bottom and the lettuce at the top—a MUST. Vacuum sealing jars will preserve the freshness for up to 10 days. Watch this video for instructions...easy! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMDfyRjfBbc

• Fire 1

The less O2 (airspace) in the jar should be better for preserving the lettuce..If you have a tank of Nitrogen in your garage for filling your tires, that would work even better.

I'd probably want to eat it out of the jar and look for an extra long fork...Or do some nasty tongue exercizes, but I think I read that the object is to pour the entire contents into some fancy salad bowl.

With my he-man arms, I bet I could shake it up pretty well without having to 1st sacrifice some of the top layer and I don't even own a shake weight thingie.