S C.J. Reavis [Virginia Tech Commit]

• 2 weeks later...

CJ got a "personalized" letter from the NC State coaching staff. However, these personalized recruiting letters are not personalized!

http://sports.yahoo....-153948791.html

916394ce8cf511e2b30a22000aa80109_7.jpg

Yeaa.. that's a pretty bad fake..

It isn't fake. The recruiting head for NCS really did send it. IMO he was trying too hard to be unique and hip. Problem is that he apparently sent out many copies of that same exact letter to recruits, a couple of which posted a pic on twitter. Those recruits must be a bit pissed thinking they got a one of a kind letter only to find it wasn't.

Look at the left border how the c and I in impact are cut off almost like it was copied on a copier. I think they just write un the name at the top and then photocopy the letter.

It's times like these we need the infamous "asshat" emoticon back. Mods, can we get that blast from the past back?

More on CJ at Husker Journal:

APRIL 2 2013. ALL TEAMS MESSAGE BOARDS C J REAVIS, SAF, 6-1, 170, CHESTER (THOMAS DALE), VIRGINIA

Reavis has several offers among them are Oklahoma, Ohio State, Tennessee, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Nebraska, Georgia Tech, Virginia, Vanderbilt, Virginia Tech, Wake Forest, North Carolina State and Wake Forest

“I’ve been to Virginia Tech, North Carolina, USC, Wake Forest and Ohio State.” Reavis said

“I liked the whole environment (N C State) the coaches are pretty good and the players. Virginia Tech is one of the schools that are recruiting me the hardest. They said do what I can and probably play early.” Reavis said

Reavis said Virginia Tech likes him as a hybrid safety he’s bigger than most safeties. He can come down and cover. He liked his visit to Ohio State it’s a big campus and enjoyed spending time with Coaches Urban Myer and Everett Withers.

“Facilities wise it was a really nice the program is so good. The Shoe is really big to play I like that.” Reavis said about the Buckeyes.

Reavis said Wake Forest was a small school easy to get around and the coaches really wanted him there.

“It was nice I liked the new coaching staff when they came in last year they started to recruit me hard. They made me a top priority for their defense I can come in and play early.” Reavis comments about his recruitment with North Carolina

Reavis mentioned he’s going to visit Oklahoma this summer and repeat trips to Tennessee and West Virginia.

Reavis is looking for a college where he feels like home. Education is important so he can get his degree and belong to a winning program.

cornhead.gif

CJ got a "personalized" letter from the NC State coaching staff. However, these personalized recruiting letters are not personalized!

http://sports.yahoo....-153948791.html

916394ce8cf511e2b30a22000aa80109_7.jpg

Yeaa.. that's a pretty bad fake..

It isn't fake. The recruiting head for NCS really did send it. IMO he was trying too hard to be unique and hip. Problem is that he apparently sent out many copies of that same exact letter to recruits, a couple of which posted a pic on twitter. Those recruits must be a bit pissed thinking they got a one of a kind letter only to find it wasn't.

You can tell it's an obvious photo copy. That C on the line. Can't remember the last time I didn't draw a whole letter because the margins were too tight on the sheet.

Yep....the same with the I that was cut off. These types of letters work if they are actually personally written. Vague personal letters do not work that much. You need to mention specific details that you see on the film and how they would make your team better and how the prospect would fit into the program. Those are the personal letters that get a prospects attention. The type of letter that is in the image above is lazy, mass recruiting efforts.

If I received that from a university, I would promptly ball it up and throw it in the trash...

• 2 weeks later...