MSNBC, Fox News, and CNN

Just another reason not to watch TV.

I don't think these numbers themselves are necessarily damning. If I never wanted to hear about someone's opinion I wouldn't talk about anything with anyone.

There's a difference though between offering numerous, thoughtful opinion programs and promoting an agenda, or preaching to their demographic. Which, I suspect, characterizes the type of 'opinion' reporting done on these networks.

The exact ratio for each network can be debated one way or the other. But, the fact remains, both Fox and MSNBC are pathetic and cater to one side or the other. It is almost impossible to watch either network and trust what they have to say.

I don't really watch CNN much either. Their "news" is more fluff than anything else.

The exact ratio for each network can be debated one way or the other. But, the fact remains, both Fox and MSNBC are pathetic and cater to one side or the other. It is almost impossible to watch either network and trust what they have to say.

yeah, it is just disappointing all around. it is either news or opinion, the level of integrity of the opinion really should not be a concern. these networks are just lazy and should not be called 'news' networks. they are the tmz of news.

I feel this is something I can comment on and wont seem to be completely stupid. I used to watch FOX like a hawk. Glenn Beck, hannity, Oreilly, the whole 9 yards. they had my head so full sh#t and anger that nothing would please me. then I started to just open my eyes and mind and let myself develop my opinions based on my own beliefs. I have a very conservative view on some issues, yet liberal on others. i work with a guy that is all rush and wilkow etc, super independent conservative from the budget to the way he wipes his ass. We agree on some things, yet, really get into it on others, simply because he still listens to and watches that what i call crap. I dont watch that stuff anymore. None of it. I read some news. I form an opinion based on my beliefs alone. They, nor anyone else will admit it, but political commentary I feel is doing more damage than anything.

I feel this is something I can comment on and wont seem to be completely stupid. I used to watch FOX like a hawk. Glenn Beck, hannity, Oreilly, the whole 9 yards. they had my head so full sh#t and anger that nothing would please me. then I started to just open my eyes and mind and let myself develop my opinions based on my own beliefs. I have a very conservative view on some issues, yet liberal on others. i work with a guy that is all rush and wilkow etc, super independent conservative from the budget to the way he wipes his ass. We agree on some things, yet, really get into it on others, simply because he still listens to and watches that what i call crap. I dont watch that stuff anymore. None of it. I read some news. I form an opinion based on my beliefs alone. They, nor anyone else will admit it, but political commentary I feel is doing more damage than anything.

Indeed. They get ratings by inflaming the masses and making them paranoid past the point of rational thought.

I could have written this exact post.

I have said for a long time, the media machine in this country is WAY more dangerous to our future well being than anything Congress or the President can do. They control what we hear and what a vast majority of the population knows.

I have stepped WAY back from any of it and try my best to look at everything from my own experiences and what is logical. I tend to be very conservative on fiscal issues and more middle of the road on others.

I used to talk to people constantly about politics. You know what? This is just about the only place I talk about politics anymore. I just got up and walked out and ended a meeting because the talk was going towards politics.

I used to talk to people constantly about politics. You know what? This is just about the only place I talk about politics anymore. I just got up and walked out and ended a meeting because the talk was going towards politics.

this is the only place i talk about anything with anyone.

also, i agree with what you said about how dangerous the media is.

i agree, accountability. it is all just to rile you up. it is a big waste of time and destructive to the individual.

I have tried to explain this to people from both sides who watch these things. Those programs get paid to get your blood pressure into the danger zone. If they don't have anything to talk about that day, guess what....they aren't doing their jobs and people won't watch. So....just try to figure out what they do when they don't have anything to paint the other side as the devil. Hmmm....think they would make something up?

It amazes me the people from both sides that will defend "their network" over the other.

i agree, accountability. it is all just to rile you up. it is a big waste of time and destructive to the individual.

I have tried to explain this to people from both sides who watch these things. Those programs get paid to get your blood pressure into the danger zone. If they don't have anything to talk about that day, guess what....they aren't doing their jobs and people won't watch. So....just try to figure out what they do when they don't have anything to paint the other side as the devil. Hmmm....think they would make something up?

It amazes me the people from both sides that will defend "their network" over the other.

i agree, they are two sides of the same coin. i honestly wonder what an unbiased news show with journalistic integrity would look like. 24 hour news networks are just a bad idea, there is not enough content to keep people watching.