Pitching

Curious what your guys' thoughts are on the pitching situation. I assume it's not coaching, with Silva's reputation, but could be wrong. Is it lack of talent? Lack of mental toughness? Experience?

Personally I believe it's a combination of average talent and extreme weak-mindedness. The whole team seems to be mentally weak if you ask me. Hopefully that's something they can get corrected.

I really wish we knew more about Kubat's status. Right now they have one pretty solid starter in DeLeon and then they have to piece together the last couple innings and next two games as you never know what you'll get from the relievers or Pierce/Hander. If you assume Kubat was where he left off last year, or improved, you now have two solid starts and many options going into game 3 where you're hopefully going for a sweep instead of still trying to win the series. Unfortunately it's looking more and more like we're not going to see him this year. Hopefully these other guys step up, some of them have been here long enough it's time to p*ss or get off the pot.

It's a lack of talent. Pierce at best in an average D1 pitcher. Hander is entirely to inconsistent and unpredictable. I think we will see Bummer getting a chance soon. He has the stuff and may be the best true pitcher on the staff. I also think Howell is doing some good things and may be one midweek start away from seeing the weekend rotation if Pierce and Hander continue showing their inconsistencies.

You guys are right, lack of talent for sure... but i do see streaky greatness in Roeder and DeLeon... i dont think they are top notch D1 players but i think they are top notch on this team.

So far this year, Roeder is the best pitcher on the team and it's not even close. His ERA is 0.69 and opponent's are hitting below .100 against him and doesn't walk very many. I hope we can see him in the closer role going forward with Vogt's struggles early this year.

• Fire 1

You guys are right, lack of talent for sure... but i do see streaky greatness in Roeder and DeLeon... i dont think they are top notch D1 players but i think they are top notch on this team.

So far this year, Roeder is the best pitcher on the team and it's not even close. His ERA is 0.69 and opponent's are hitting below .100 against him and doesn't walk very many. I hope we can see him in the closer role going forward with Vogt's struggles early this year.

Roeder is a very good pitcher. Starting wise I believe it would have to be DeLeon. He has been good as well. An innings eater.