Official Spring Game Thread

I really should breakdown and get either cable or satellite....would be nice to see what's happening...not much commentary on here today. How'd the first part of the game go? Just got home and turned on the radio...

Lots of points...good O or poor D?

Tough to say for sure, but IMO, the D looks slow. The running game is gaining yards easily. Short passes over the middle are killing the D.

I really should breakdown and get either cable or satellite....would be nice to see what's happening...not much commentary on here today. How'd the first part of the game go? Just got home and turned on the radio...

Lots of points...good O or poor D?

Tough to say for sure, but IMO, the D looks slow. The running game is gaining yards easily. Short passes over the middle are killing the D.

I do like to hear we're trying short passes over the middle...good ball control...

60,000 +!

MichiganDad, #59 Colby Starkebaum blew his coverage on that play...

Number 6 was chasing the entire way and couldn't catch him. Is #6 a LB or DB?

Corey Cooper, safety. And he was at an obvious disadvantage and he DID catch him...

I wish I could see a replay, because I remember him right behind him for 40 yards and making the tackle at the goal line. BTW, I didn't think he scored.

Just saw a replay, Cooper came from the side a little. I still expect to see a bigger gap in speed between a DB and a FB. Here's hopping Zimmer is an extremely fast FB.

Wow finally a spring game televised and this is all the interest it gets?

I figured the board would be overflowing with reviews of the defense.

This is very vanilla and not representative of what the team will actually look like. Half of the D is walkons or others who may not get as many opportunities pieced together with starters.

If it was good on good (1s vs 1s) then I think you'd see more "reviews"

This is very vanilla and not representative of what the team will actually look like. Half of the D is walkons or others who may not get as many opportunities pieced together with starters.

I would really like to see 1 vs 1 and 2 vs 2 for at least 1 quarter. I have no idea how good NU will be in the fall based on this game.

I would really like to see 1 vs 1 and 2 vs 2 for at least 1 quarter. I have no idea how good NU will be in the fall based on this game.

Exactly why I don't think you'll see many reviews on the defensive side of the ball aside from specific players. Doubt it happens though. I think the last scrimmage was that kind of scrimmage. Good on good, actual evaluation...

And I don't think Pelini wants our real defense/offense out on tape... with the game on TV and all.

• Fire 1

Exactly why I don't think you'll see many reviews on the defensive side of the ball aside from specific players. Doubt it happens though. I think the last scrimmage was that kind of scrimmage. Good on good, actual evaluation...

I heard on the radio that by putting the #1 defensive players in with 2nds, 3rds, and walkons allows the coaches to see how they do "on their own" more or less...lots of individual film review work afterwards..

Defense can't stop the offense - but the spring game is more about fundamentals, and at least so far I haven't seen too many missed tackles. We don't seem to be taking terrible angles like we constantly did last year.

I was going to comment that the defense has make some good tackles especially in space. It's hard to tell how good or bad either side of the ball with be but there's been some positives.