Boston Marathon Explosions

I'm curious how those officers were injured. It doesn't sound like there has been any "fighting" going on for a long while now.

Excellent question. TV just said they were throwing bombs out during the car pursuit. Perhaps that's when it happened, but surely they'd been picked up by an EMT way before now.

Exactly, they would be in the hospital. The officer that was injured and in critical condition is at the hospital, and that happened during the chase/gunfight (which sounded to be basically at the same time). That was a relaively long time ago.

I'm curious how those officers were injured. It doesn't sound like there has been any "fighting" going on for a long while now.

Excellent question. TV just said they were throwing bombs out during the car pursuit. Perhaps that's when it happened, but surely they'd been picked up by an EMT way before now.

Exactly, they would be in the hospital. The officer that was injured and in critical condition is at the hospital, and that happened during the chase/gunfight (which sounded to be basically at the same time). That was a relaively long time ago.

I honestly don't remember what time that was. Seems like around 1:00 AM???

Explosive devices were "possible" from what I remember regarding whether they were on the chest of Suspect 1. It's an odd report to have as possible, so I'm thinking he probably did have something strapped to him. Maybe it failed to detonate or something. Speculation.

It seems confirmed that he was shot during the chase/gunfight and taken to the hospital where he died. The explosives warning was over the scanner and we've not heard anything about it since.

Explosive devices were "possible" from what I remember regarding whether they were on the chest of Suspect 1. It's an odd report to have as possible, so I'm thinking he probably did have something strapped to him. Maybe it failed to detonate or something. Speculation.

It seems confirmed that he was shot during the chase/gunfight and taken to the hospital where he died. The explosives warning was over the scanner and we've not heard anything about it since.

I could have sworn they said the device went off while he was being taken into custody, but I could be wrong.