Boston Marathon Explosions

They said earlier they'd be waiting for light to do the real searching. I'm assuming once they get some people out of there and they've got the lgiht, they'll start knocking on doors and entering houses. Feels like they are mostly in containment and reaction mode atm while waiting.

Edit - They've also got reports of someone on a bike with a backpack crossing a bridge (Eliot Bridge) in/near Cambridge, heading into Boston. Could be anyone.

They said earlier they'd be waiting for light to do the real searching. I'm assuming once they get some people out of there and they've got the lgiht, they'll start knocking on doors and entering houses. Feels like they are mostly in containment and reaction mode atm while waiting.

I can understand that, but I hope he doesn't take hostages.

Sounding more like that missing college student is NOT involved with this

His name was broadcast over the scanner as being one of the two suspects. I believe (assuming it's him), he's the one that is dead, right?

Nope, he's the one that's alive. Thus far, NBC is saying names haven't been released. And they hinted that these suspects may have been here for a year legally, which wouldn't match up with the student. But if the cops said his name on the scanner, I'm more inclined to go along with that given the major networks screwing the pooch several times this week with incorrect information.

Oh yeah, just looked at the pictures. If it's him, with the nose, he's the guy that's alive, you're right.

The thing about the scanner is that there are multiple lines being used depending on what agency and department you're talking about. We now (at least I think it still remains this way) have the Watertown PD patched in with the main BPD feed since they were having issues before. It could have easily been broadcast on the Cambridge feed or something like that where no NBC stooges were listening.

"NBC: 'They came to the U.S. about a year ago, possible military experience.' Tripathi is an American from Bryn Mawr."

"NBC's Pete Williams: I am told by several officials it is NOT the missing college student."

Didn't see that one yet.