Boston Marathon Explosions

I don't think I can take another false alarm

I don't think these are necessarily false alarms.The police are just following protocol and conducting their search but every action they take is being trumped as "we got him" by people listening on the scanners.

It's not reasonable to expect that the only action the hundreds of police officers and other officials are going to talk about is the actual, final act of securing the wanted man.

• Fire 1

My brother is texting me some crazy sh#t. I think he is watching CNN. LOL

Someone please confirm/explain if they've heard this:

• Older brother was arrested in 2009. Laws won't disclose why.
  • Mom says that FBI has been following older brother for 3 years.

Neither make sense. If either were the case, I doubt the FBI would have needed the public's help IDing them.

When the parents and the aunt talk, remember where they came from. Chechnya. The idea that this is a giant conspiracy is beyond stupid. Just the same line you hear for every parent when their kid ends up on the bad end of a police event.

Stay put request in Boston lifted and mass transit resuming. Tactical teams pulling out of Watertown.

The police knew it was the marathon bombers when the guy whose car they stole told police they confessed to being the marathon bombers. The MIT officer was indeed ambushed - shot and killed in his car.

I thought the carjacking was unrelated. I'm a little lost now.

I believe the order of events is (going from memory)...

Robbed gas station, killed MIT officer, jacked mercedes suv with person in it (confessed to being marathon bombers at this time to the person), released person at other gas station, encountered police and chase ensues along with gunfight, older brother gets out car (mercedes suv they stole) and is shot, little brother hits older brother with suv to escape, manhunt into neighborhoods.

If that's not quite right, it's fairly close. They also threw bombs out of the suv at pursuing police. And the older brother seems to have had some kind of bomb vest on. Also, apparently they just said the brothers were not robbing the convenience store but were at it when it was robbed (I think).

I thought the carjacking was unrelated. I'm a little lost now.

I believe the order of events is (going from memory)...

Robbed gas station, killed MIT officer, jacked mercedes suv with person in it (confessed to being marathon bombers at this time to the person), released person at other gas station, encountered police and chase ensues along with gunfight, older brother gets out car (mercedes suv they stole) and is shot, little brother hits older brother with suv to escape, manhunt into neighborhoods.

They amended it recently, and said that the Hat Bros did not rob the 7-11, they just happened to go through very close to when it was robbed.

Ah, the running over with the SUV thing was another point of confusion. Just saw an interview given on TV where the official was asked how the two separated and he said that suspect #2 escaped on foot after suspect #1 was shot. Said the vehicle was or had been abandoned.

Atm, it is sounding more and more like the older brother may have been the leader in all of this. If he had a lot of influence on his younger brother, it may be once they catch up to him, his capture can be pulled off without killing him.

I'm guessing that the death of his brother probably put him over the edge and he won't go quietly.

the only thing that surprises me about that theory is that he's managed to lay low/avoid detection for this long. Thought he would have done something (else) stupid by now.

IMO, they should have said that the brother died when he was ran over, and not because of the police. Make him feel that he is at fault. Maybe he would just commit suicide, rather than try to get revenge for them taking out his brother. Then when all said and done, have an autopsy state the truth.