Board flaking out on me

Found a fix for it HERE.

Who says AR doesn't have a good sense of humor? :lol:

(Honestly though, IE gets a bad rap. It's a much better product but hasn't been able to shed its horrid public image from the IE6 days...)

If anyone can find anything more about this or if there's anything we can do on our end to resolve this, I'm all ears. Until then it seems like a Chrome issue. Do you guys get this on any other Invision Power Board-powered forums?

The link is to the Microsoft Internet Explorer home page.

For me it's "Get IE 10 for Windows 7" because I'm using Windows 7. So you must be on XP and a little behind the times....not that there's anything wrong with XP, though :)

Actually, yes. I'm well past due for a new machine but I still think XP works the best.

Dang Bill Gates is too smart for me to make jokes ... *hangs head in shame*

• 3 weeks later...

It's an issue w/ the board, it's pretty common in chrome. Some things I've seen used to fix it...

If someone has been messing in the CSS files styling to the board theme - they need to save the css file as a UTF-8 file (with signature) instead of just save in in notepad as the default.

You can also specify the full site in the <link> tag...rather than just the relative path. So http://www.huskerboard.com/css/filename.css, versus: /css/filename.css.

The first line in the style sheet should be: @charset “UTF-8"

Make sure the content type is set, some people get lazy and just include it.

It happens to me about every 5th page refresh. Pain in the ass.

• 3 weeks later...

OK we're gonna have to take a look at this sometime. Maybe give that UTF-8 thing a shot? Sorry, I haven't had time lately to look into it. Sorry about all of this! Hopefully chris found the source of the problems there because if not, I'd not be sure what is going on.

(btw -- best estimate for me is post Monday, at best. Not really here this weekend.)