Haley Thramer's Husker career ends with injury

My heart sunk into my gut reading this. Terrible news for Haley and the Husker family.

NU's Thramer suffers career-ending injury

Nebraska senior middle blocker Hayley Thramer suffered a serious knee injury last week and will miss the 2013 season, coach John Cook said Wednesday.

Thramer was injured during the Huskers’ fourth and final exhibition match Saturday at Wichita State. It was a bad ACL injury that will require surgery, Cook said.

“We found out (Tuesday) night that Nebraska volleyball had its heart ripped out with the news of Hayley Thramer suffering a career-ending knee injury,” Cook said in a statement. “It’s a sad day, but we know Hayley will have the support of Husker Nation. She is on track to graduate and as a leader on our team she will remain a vital part of our program and will be a great representation of Nebraska volleyball in 2013.”

One of things I like about our volleyball team is that many players like Hayley from small class C and D schools have gone through and been able to play out a dream. It's terrible that her senior year has been snatched away by such a serious injury. Hope she is able to make a full recovery and still contribute something to a team that is looking very green.

There are medical shirts in vb. But from what I understand, she is set to go forward with graduating. It wasnt a pretty sight seeing her go down. I know we all are hoping for a quick and full recovery. She was one of my favorite players/blockers to watch.