Great new Husker Football Book coming out soon

Hey Eric the Red, you are right! I'm working through a few software issues concerning some photos and then I'll be receiving my galley copy for final proofs a few days later. If I were a betting man I'd say that this time next week I'll only be hours away from making it available.

In the meantime, HuskerBoard members are the FIRST to see this......check out the front cover artwork for Volume 1, buddy. I'd be interesting in yours and anyone else's thoughts: Cool? Lame? Inspiring? Show you more?

post-11875-0-67815200-1374525447.jpg

• Fire 3

Hey Eric the Red, you are right! I'm working through a few software issues concerning some photos and then I'll be receiving my galley copy for final proofs a few days later. If I were a betting man I'd say that this time next week I'll only be hours away from making it available.

In the meantime, HuskerBoard members are the FIRST to see this......check out the front cover artwork for Volume 1, buddy. I'd be interesting in yours and anyone else's thoughts: Cool? Lame? Inspiring? Show you more?

I like the layout and the design - one friendly suggestion:

the perspective of the rings doesn't match the perspective of the field. At the least, I would give them a noticeable drop shadow because as is, it looks like they are floating.

I dig it, though.

• Fire 1

I love it!

Thanks for the tips, guys. I'll see if I can have that taken care of. I'd noticed the same thing but wasn't sure if it would matter to people. ;)

There will be 2 volumes, both of equal size. It was a huge undertaking to provide the numerous untold insights into the makings of those championship years, and just one book could not properly tell the story. They're gonna look great sitting side-by-side in many a Husker fan's bookshelf. GBR!!!

We're only days away from the book's release. On Monday I'll be getting my first published copy to look over and find anything that needs editing/corrections. If there are none it'll be available around Aug. 1.

In the meantime, here is a little recruiting snippet from former '93 DLineman Kevin Raemakers, talking about his trip to Iowa:

"Q: Hey, I swore I heard somewhere at a banquet or something that someone thought your name was Rainmakers. Do you remember that?

KR: Yeah, they thought I was Indian. I’m Dutch, man. Just because I’ve got a big, fat, wide head and a big, wide nose doesn’t automatically mean I’m Indian. (laughs) When I went to Iowa the first time I met Hayden Fry. My brother and I went on the recruiting trip. We were walking around and they had a place where they meet the recruits and are shaking hands, and a lieutenant there said to Coach Fry, “Hey, this is Kevin Raemakers and his brother Mike.” And Hayden Fry looks at me and he says, “Rainmakers? You know, you sure don’t look Indian.” And I thought, ‘What?!’ My brother looked at me and mumbled, “Who is this a-hole?” (laughs) Hilarious."

• Fire 1

Here is Ahman Green talking about the diverse coaching dynamic those championship years:

"Q: Delving into the staff dynamic, do any of the other coaches stick out to you?

AG: Coach Charlie McBride was great. I don’t know what it was, but he liked me a lot. He probably wished I played defense. I remember before I came out for the NFL, I could hear him yelling at Coach Osborne -which is hilarious- somebody actually yelling at him, at Coach Osborne, “What’s wrong with the offense? Give the ball to Ahman!” Knowing that he had my back like that was fun because he was from Chicago and all his brothers were police officers in the Chicago area, so you knew he was nitty & gritty and knew other words that Coach Osborne probably never would have said. (laughs)

Q: He was like an alter ego, huh?

AG: Yeah, it was yin and yang. Coach Osborne was one side of the spectrum and Charlie McBride was the other."

• Fire 2
They'll come out at the same time, okaive. About a week from today, if all goes according to plan. (crossing fingers) Thanks for asking...this has been a profound labor of love.

Here is another first sneak peek for everybody on Huskerboard: the back cover and some of the people/blurbs recommending its authenticity:

back_cover Vol 1.jpg

Very cool....thanks for the first look!!

Yes, for right now my plan is to make both volumes available only on my Amazon e-links for hard copy & kindle format. (The postman was supposed to deliver my final proof copies for one last look-see today but the dirty rat didn't have 'em in his bag. LOL I guess tomorrow will be the big day to make sure all is proper before releasing my babies to the world. :hmmph Worst case scenario will be the end of next week...we'll see if the printer made any mistakes.) I'll post the links on here for everyone's ease as soon as we "go live". In the meantime, GBR!! And thanks for all of your support...you're gonna love it!

• Fire 1