Beck

Beck's education at QB coming slowly, surely

Harrison Beck, the former touted recruit, admits he expected too much from himself this season and that he wasn't ready to shoulder a heavy load. Beck said as much in an interview that revealed just how much he has matured during his first semester at NU. The 6-foot-2, 210-pound Floridian said he regrets nothing about his debut season.

I think it's great that he can recognize that he's not ready yet and accept it. It shows that he's more than willing to wait behind Taylor and learn the offense so when he does get to start he's 100% ready. However, I think that playing time would help him get used to the speed of college ball a little faster. Unless Taylor is in a real rhythm I wouldn't have a problem with getting him in for a series or two maybe in the second quarter next year.

I think it's great that he can recognize that he's not ready yet and accept it. It shows that he's more than willing to wait behind Taylor and learn the offense so when he does get to start he's 100% ready. However, I think that playing time would help him get used to the speed of college ball a little faster. Unless Taylor is in a real rhythm I wouldn't have a problem with getting him in for a series or two maybe in the second quarter next year.

I agree entirely. I was hoping at the beginning of the season that Beck wouldn't start yet because, despite how highly touted he was, starting him would mean we didn't have anyone better than an 18 yr. old kid to run the show for us. The more experience he gets the better, which makes the extra 3 weeks of practice and experience preparing for a bowl game that much more of a plus for the team.

I didn't catch any of the KSU game, but it seemed that at the end of the CU game he missed a couple of reads and forced the ball in places it didn't belong. Now having a full season under his belt IMO he'll be in a position next year where he could come in during some tighter situations and do some good things to build his confidence and the team's confidence in him. Each time I hear or read something about him he sounds like the perfect kid to have on our team, kind of reminds me of Berringer, selfless and genuinely interested in the team's success before his own. Best of luck to him.

Hopefully, Beck does not get discouraged from not playing. He will see more snaps next year, but I agree, Zac will get the majority of snaps next year. Even Matt Leinart had to wait until he was a junior to start. Yes, he was behind Carson Palmer, but he waited none the less. He could have gone other places and started, but he new his opportunity would come. Freshman and sophomores starting at QB does happen, but it is somewhat rare. I think he will be a great QB in the future. Once he learns how to lead the offense, protect the football, and truly adjusts to the speed of the game.

i would think this kid should be ready to play/challenge for the job by late next fall........if not one of two things has happened here.......Taylor is much better than we thouht he would be or Beck is not going to be as good as we thought he might be.........by the time he is a sophmore he should be playing much better and have made quite a bit of the adjustment to D-1A ball.....he was one of the top picks, right behind Sanchez, right? not saying he won't be good, just saying he needs to show significant progress......thoughts? also would hate to see him sit on the bench the whole year and then be forced to play as a junior with little or no game experience.......maybe he can camp with a high profile NFL type this summer? is that "kosher"?

hunter