2013 Starting Lineup Speculation

So what will our starting lineup look like this year?

S - Hunter / Mary Pollmiller

RH - Morgan Broekhuis / Amber Rolfzen / Kelsey Fien

LH - Kelsey Robinson / Kadie Rolfzen

MB - Megan Haggerty / Cici Hall (losing Thramer really hurts here) / Alicia Ostrander?

L - Wong-Orontes? / Zarda?

The two in bold are the only two guaranteed spots I can think of. Everyone else should be competing for a starting gig.

I wonder how quickly Melanie Keil vies for playing time, and how the walk-ons affect the back court. Etheridge and Lyles are both out-of-state walkons, meaning they're not just here to whistle Dixie, and will push heavily for playing time and future scholarships.

That's 15 girls on the roster, right? Am I missing someone?

I saw that we had the #1 recruiting class this year, which is great, but I also saw that Wisconsin and Minnesota joined us in the top five. Not sure where Penn State ended up.

• Fire 1

I think you're right that Robinson will get the start, but having watched the Rolfzens I'd say they'll push her pretty hard. It'll be a good battle.

Another note - we have the #1 recruiting class, and the last time that happened was a couple years before we won the Title in 2006. We'll see how this goes. It's certainly a talented team.

DS/L - Should be good competition there and I feel all three/four should see the court early.

Melanie Keil and Kira Larson should get some good looks early at MB due to the depth issues there.

If I had a Magic 8-ball this is how I would line 'em up:

S: Pollmiller

MB: Haggerty

OH: Robinson

Opp: K. Rolfzen

RS: A. Rolfzen

L: Wong-Orontes

Penn State, from what I understand, didn't grab a top 25 recruiting class this year. Though everyone seems to think thier 2014 class is "one for the ages". We'll see.

• 4 weeks later...

Running a 6-2. Pollmiller setting to Robinson. Hunter setting to Rolfzen. Both pairs already have chemistry. In a year where Chemistry may be needed due to having a young team. Why not take advantage on their previous experiences together?

S - Hunter / Mary Pollmiller

RH - Morgan Broekhuis / Amber Rolfzen

LH - Kelsey Robinson / Kadie Rolfzen

MB - Megan Haggerty / M Kiel or Kira Larson

L - Wong-Orontes

• 3 weeks later...

IMO, the two definite starters are Robinson and Haggerty.

My best guess;

S Pollmiller

RS A. Rolfzen

OH Robinson & K. Rolfzen

MB Haggerty & Kiel

L Wong-Orantes

As noted above, I could also see them running a 6-2.

Additionally, Ostrander has been moved to MB. And IMO, an encouraging note about Broekhuis is that from a recent photo I saw of her, she looks to have gained weight.

Ostrander has been moved to MB.

That's more a natural position for her. She's a hard worker, and I'd love to see her get some playing time this year.

And IMO, an encouraging note about Broekhuis is that from a recent photo I saw of her, she looks to have gained weight.

I would love to have her metabolism for a month or two.

Ostrander has been moved to MB.

That's more a natural position for her. She's a hard worker, and I'd love to see her get some playing time this year.

And IMO, an encouraging note about Broekhuis is that from a recent photo I saw of her, she looks to have gained weight.

I would love to have her metabolism for a month or two.

Unfortunately for her, I don't see Alicia getting a lot of court time this or any future year as a Husker.

IMO, the two definite starters are Robinson and Haggerty.

My best guess;

S Pollmiller

RS A. Rolfzen

OH Robinson & K. Rolfzen

MB Haggerty & Kiel

L Wong-Orantes

As noted above, I could also see them running a 6-2.

Additionally, Ostrander has been moved to MB. And IMO, an encouraging note about Broekhuis is that from a recent photo I saw of her, she looks to have gained weight.

I think Broekhuis will at least start the season at RS considering our lack of experience. I would be surprised if she wasn't in the starting lineup for our first game at Devaney. Then possibly have A. Rolfzen work into the role as the season progresses.

• 2 weeks later...