Besides the big N

huskerguy

I did not say there was a lack of support. I said all student sections are the same at every major program. We are no different than any others. You support our team, they support theirs.

The blue hairs as you call them in disdain are old graduates in some cases. And without those old blue hairs there would be very little for you to cheer about. It takes both sides, but to claim that Nebraska is known for its fans because of the student section is not even close to being correct. My gues there are about 10,000 at a max that attend games in a year.

Your minds are made up and so is mine. We shall agree to disagree.

Good day.

Look, the part i am disagreeing with is not based on the assumption that the student section is what makes our fans great. The part I am disaggreing with is your assumption that the only thing that seperates us from other schools is the blue hairs. There are jerks in the student section that boo the other team, just as there are among those in west stadium, and there are those in west stadium, who, as you do, stand up and make as much noise as possible, just as MOST in the student section does. The bluehairs can be as polite as they want, but this argument started when you specifically said we have the best fans IF STUDENTS ARE NOT COUNTED INTO THE EQUATION, as if we somehow diminish nebraska's reputation, when in fact we only enhance it by getting the old fogies off of their asses and actually cheering for their team, instead of wondering how the weather is going to be for the trip back home. WE CANT CLAP FOR THE OTHER TEAM, OR PEOPLE WILL WONDER WHY WE ARE CHEERING FOR EMPTY FIELD! Go ahead and put yourself on a pedastel, but if I hear one more story from my dad about how he WAS TOLD TO SIT DOWN! by one of those amazing bluehaired nebraska fans that your talking about, than I am going to go into the section he sits in and personally tell that fan that if he doesnt like standing, than go home and sit in your wheelchair, while us young fans continue in the tradition of great nebraska fans.

Go ahead and put yourself on a pedastel, but if I hear one more story from my dad about how he WAS TOLD TO SIT DOWN! by one of those amazing bluehaired nebraska fans that your talking about, than I am going to go into the section he sits in and personally tell that fan that if he doesnt like standing, than go home and sit in your wheelchair, while us young fans continue in the tradition of great nebraska fans.

FYI, at the Wake Game this year, there was a fumble right below where I was sitting (North EZ) and apparently I was standing a little too long. I looked back behind me, and this girl who was in her late teens/early 20's was asking me to sit down :wtf It wasnt as if I was standing the entire game :wacko:

Kind of pissed me off :steam

So the bluehairs arent the only ones who pull this crap.

Obviouly, as I mentioned before there are exceptions on both sides, and I am sure that skers is one of them as far as actually making a difference at the game. I am just talking about general trends. I know there have been numerous times that the student section has to start a "stand up" chant to get south stadium up when the opposing team was in the redzone or pinned inside the five. I dont place all the blame on the bluehairs, but i certainly object to all the blame being on us, and all of the credit going to them.

I did not mean anything derogative in my comment. I meant student sections are the same pretty much everywhere. It is the old crowd that comes rain, snow or shine to keep the sell out record intact. The ones that Lee Corso, Bobby Bowden, Bob Davies, and Mack Brown are normally talking about. I do not doubt for a second the dedication fo the students, it is your university now. Just remember before long there will be people that think you are not dedicated to the team because you are no longer a student at the university.

Our title for being the best fans is because of overall knowledge of the game. We are not the loudest stadium or the most roudy. We are well behaved fans that love our team no matter if we are 20 or on the far side of 60. My aunt attended every game every year for over 60 years. She knew more about Nebraska football than anyone I know. She left the university well over 500 thousand dollars on her passing. She would not like being called a blue hair who did not care, just because she wanted to see the game and could not stand. Standing does not mean squat as far as being a fan. As your youth departs you will learn about gravity!!!! lol