• 1 month later...

• 3 weeks later...

Some places in Lincoln that actually serve good ethnic food (haven't seen many listed)...

Golden Wok - Good Americanized Chinese, very quick service, so it's good if you need to get in and out. They also have a drive thru. Large number of dishes for lunch, even more for dinner, and good prices.

Pho Factory - Great pho, though I am not a fan of their other dishes (at least the ones I've tried).

Vung Tau - Great pho (nearly identical to Pho Factory's) along with the other dishes as well. It looks terrible on the outside, but it's surprisingly clean and in good shape on the inside. I usually go here instead of Pho Factory just because I like the other dishes in case I want something else, but for pho either is great. Vung Tau is slightly more expensive regarding pho, if I recall correctly.

Sher-E-Punjab - Best "Indian" food in town. Far better than other more popular and way over hyped places. As with all Indian food, it's pricey, but the lunch deal is actually pretty good considering what you get. Their Mulligatawny is fantastic. Don't be a pu&&y, get the vindaloo extra spicy. I don't consider their dinner prices all that great. They do a lunch buffet on Sunday that offers a nice selection off their menu.

Heoya - The Korean BBQ Taco food truck people. Although I think all their food is well done, it's not all to my individual tastes. But the bbq tacos are wonderful as are their crab rangoon. There's a permanent location inside a gas station on 33rd and Superior if you're in north Lincoln (who are now doing an expanded dinner menu with certain dishes from Qilin...see below).

Qilin - The restaurant owned by the Heoya people. Really great food here that has a distinct fresh feel and taste that is often lacking in many of these types of restaurants. They have a mix of Chinese, Korean, Thai, and Vietnamese dishes. They also have the bbq tacos and crab rangoons that Heoya does, so if you like those, you can get them at Qilin in a sit down setting, too. 84th and O isn't convenient for most people, but it's worth the trip if you have time (as we all know, it takes at least 20 minutes to drive anywhere in Lincoln, no matter how short the distance).

I have more, but that will do for now.