First trip to see a Husker Game

Never mind, I'm a tool. Somehow totally missed the seat numbers.

So, my wife thought she'd further enhance our total Husker experience this weekend and get us tickets to Friday night's volleyball game after we fly in. Almost 100 bucks a ticket? I think we'll be passing on that part of the experience...

So, I have returned from my first Husker game, and it was an even more incredible experience than I had hoped for. Granted, it would have been better had we won, but I was so proud of the effort that the team gave, up until the very end. They played their hearts out, tried their best to overcome 5 turnovers, and I think showed a lot of what makes us proud as Husker fans. My son and I had an absolutely fantastic time. As a sophomore in high school, it was great for him to see a true college environment (ASU unfortunately doesn't have near the game day experience); he just kept saying how cool it would be to play at a school that cares so much about the team, and he couldn't believe how loud the stadium was for the entire game.

A few random musings, if I may:

- Memorial Stadium is an incredible place; we had the opportunity to walk around quite a bit, including being in the tunnel walk area when the players came out for warm ups (Hi 5s from Tommy Armstrong, Abdullah, and Burch!), and it was awesome

- Memorial Stadium could use a facilities upgrade; I haven't peed in a trough in a long, long time

- As others have mentioned, the Blue Hairs are abundant, but those by us were rowdy, loud, and made the experience even more fun

- Lincoln is damn cold when the wind blows through

- The Cornhusker Inn is an excellent hotel with an incredibly friendly staff

Overall it was an amazing, bucket list experience. Having the opportunity to share it with my son made it even better. My 7 year old is already asking when I'm going to take him to a game, and he hasn't taken off "his Blackshirt" since I brought it home for him. :)

• Fire 1

So, I have returned from my first Husker game, and it was an even more incredible experience than I had hoped for. Granted, it would have been better had we won, but I was so proud of the effort that the team gave, up until the very end. They played their hearts out, tried their best to overcome 5 turnovers, and I think showed a lot of what makes us proud as Husker fans. My son and I had an absolutely fantastic time. As a sophomore in high school, it was great for him to see a true college environment (ASU unfortunately doesn't have near the game day experience); he just kept saying how cool it would be to play at a school that cares so much about the team, and he couldn't believe how loud the stadium was for the entire game.

- Memorial Stadium is an incredible place; we had the opportunity to walk around quite a bit, including being in the tunnel walk area when the players came out for warm ups (Hi 5s from Tommy Armstrong, Abdullah, and Burch!), and it was awesome

- Memorial Stadium could use a facilities upgrade; I haven't peed in a trough in a long, long time

- As others have mentioned, the Blue Hairs are abundant, but those by us were rowdy, loud, and made the experience even more fun

Overall it was an amazing, bucket list experience. Having the opportunity to share it with my son made it even better. My 7 year old is already asking when I'm going to take him to a game, and he hasn't taken off "his Blackshirt" since I brought it home for him. :)

It is mid-November, what exactly did you expect?

It is mid-November, what exactly did you expect?

Being from Arizona Im sure hes used to dry heat. A wind chill in mid Nov has to be quite a difference hes not accustomd to.

Unfortunately no, ended up not being able to get tickets. Did run into the opponent's vball team in the hotel though. Those were some tall ladies!

We always make a point when we are travelling to eat someplace that we don't have back home. I'm not going to eat at a Wendy's just to experience how Wendy's is in Lincoln. We ended up eating at a pizza place before the game (Toppers, I think?) and Southwest Pit BBQ on Friday night. Cool places, pretty good food. Then ate at the restaurant in the Cornhusker after the game, and pretty sure I got food poisoning. Not a lot of fun on the way home Sunday, especially on the little puddle jumper from Lincoln to Denver.

Also had the opportunity to roam the campus a bit. We were very impressed; it was much different from ASU, that's for sure.

Unfortunately no, ended up not being able to get tickets. Did run into the opponent's vball team in the hotel though. Those were some tall ladies!

We always make a point when we are travelling to eat someplace that we don't have back home. I'm not going to eat at a Wendy's just to experience how Wendy's is in Lincoln. We ended up eating at a pizza place before the game (Toppers, I think?) and Southwest Pit BBQ on Friday night. Cool places, pretty good food. Then ate at the restaurant in the Cornhusker after the game, and pretty sure I got food poisoning. Not a lot of fun on the way home Sunday, especially on the little puddle jumper from Lincoln to Denver.

Also had the opportunity to roam the campus a bit. We were very impressed; it was much different from ASU, that's for sure.

IF you make it back sometime, you must get a burritto from DLeons on West O. Looks like it will kill you but it will change your life.

• Fire 1