Pelini, Unity and 2013 Expectations

jay foremans blog says enough.....this team lacks real leadership

http://jayforeman56....ckshirt%20Fight

some of it is here:

The dismissal of two players on the defense was the big news in Lincoln this week. This could potentially be a big blow to the defense. Nebraska's defense is going to be young and is a huge unknown heading into this season. Many people say the season and the way the program is looked upon is riding on their development. Chemistry issues and lack of overall talent has plagued the Blackshirts for years. Even though a fight between teammates is never good, you have to realize its not that uncommon. To be honest if it doesn't happen I would wonder about your team as a whole. The dynamics of a team or a defense is very interesting to say the least. When I was in school I didn't care for some of the guys personally but I knew professionally(CFB is a job) that I needed him and they needed me for US to reach a common GOAL. People are bent out of shape about the fight or what Suttles used during the fight. I could care less about what he used or if they fought, I'm more concerned that the team chose to release both players so quickly! That tells me that they weren't all in and were problem players in the past! There aren't many that can win with those types of players on their team no matter how talented. But there is a simple solution to this problem as well as the one prior about the effort of some younger guys.

The "Solution" is that there needs to be some pecking order in who are the "Chiefs" and who are the "Indians."

Here's the follow up:

A lot of fans would say "keep them because our defense is so young." I'd say, if we are so young then why can't someone else step in and play and make a name for himself? In times of crisis is when you see true leadership stand up and be accounted for! I'm sure Bo and staff took into account ability, longevity and history to come the conclusion. The staff has acted swiftly and now it's put to rest and it's business as usual. This could be awake up call for other players that are walking a thin line but also a way to rally around the players affected and become a stronger and tighter team. Only time will tell the impact of one fight will have on a season full of hope and expectations.

http://jayforeman56....shirtFightPart2

Good follow up Saunders.

I know. :rolleyes:, right? Nice try Frida.