RB Jhalen Demming

I highly doubt this kid runs a 5 second 40.

He didn´t outrun a single defender there in the highlight clip. Nor did he show any kind of great burst, or vision. It´s a pass for me. But what I based his 40 off of was from the espn link for him. He doesn´t look quick is why I believed him.

So, you believe a running back his size is not only starting for a Texas 5A school (with an enrollment of 2800) while running a 5 second forty, but is having success? And you further believe that our coaches somehow failed to notice that a kid was slower than some of our linemen?

Or is it perhaps a heck of a lot more likely that the number on that page is a mistake, along with the two foot vertical?

Kid had some success in the largest class in Texas as a sophomore. You can have whatever opinion you like on his film, but believing that he's that slow is ridiculous.

I don really understand this offer. The kid runs a 5.04 40 and only weighs 167? Maybe Iḿ missing something but he just doesn seem anything more than Walk on material to me. I´d gladly eat crow if wrong.

From watching his film, he's obviously not a 5.04 40 runner, that's why I didn't post it. The kid is basically undiscovered by every recruiting site. Keep in mind that this kid is only a Junior. Sophomore in film.. They probably see potential.

I don't think he's THAT slow. But if you watched his video, he doesn't have that breakaway speed. Granted, it is 5A Texas... Hey, the coaches have done well so far evaluating talent so I should be wrong and would be happy to be.

especially with running backs

I don't think he's THAT slow. But if you watched his video, he doesn't have that breakaway speed. Granted, it is 5A Texas... Hey, the coaches have done well so far evaluating talent so I should be wrong and would be happy to be.

especially with running backs

That's what I meant. Thanks.