1 less guy to worry about next year

With Leinhart's eligibility exhausted and not coming back, Reggie Bush going pro is another thing that puts a smile on my face and not have to worry about him next year. The only remaining guy is Lendale White. Will he go pro? We shall See

Heisman winner leaning to the next level

ESPN.com news services

u_bush_195.jpg

Reggie Bush reportedly is ready to run into the NFL draft pool.

Citing several sources, the Los Angeles Daily News reported that Bush will turn pro. Bush already is being advised by Reebok representative Mike Ornstein.

Officially, Bush, who practiced Friday for the first time since winning the Heisman Trophy on Dec. 10, said he'll probably announce whether he'll return to Southern California for his senior season a few days after the Rose Bowl.

"Right now, my main focus is beating Texas," he said.

The 6-foot, 200-pound junior figures to be one of the top picks in April's NFL draft should he decide to pass up his final year of eligibility at USC. Underclassmen have until Jan. 15 to declare.

The top-ranked Trojans (12-0) extended their winning streak to 34 on Dec. 3 by beating crosstown rival UCLA 66-19, assuring them a berth in the Rose Bowl, where they'll shoot for an unprecedented third straight national championship against No. 2 Texas.

Bush capped the Trojans' victory over UCLA by running for 260 yards and two touchdowns. When asked about Bush going to the NFL, his stepfather, LaMar Griffin, told ABC: "It's time to take it to the next level."

USC coach Pete Carroll said he'll address future options with several players next week.

"We're going to meet with the whole team first," he said. "Everybody has to know what's going on. We'll focus on guys who are under consideration. It's not time to make that decision."

The Trojans practiced last weekend, but Bush, fellow running back LenDale White and quarterback Matt Leinart were in New York for the Heisman ceremony. Bush and 2004 Heisman winner Leinart were finalists, while White, who shares the tailback position with Bush, was given permission to share the experience.

White is also a junior who is mulling his options. Despite playing the same position as Bush, he was a third-team All-American and holds the USC school record with 54 career touchdowns.

White rushed for 1,178 yards this season, averaging 6.7 yards per carry, while Bush gained 1,658 yards and averaged 8.9 yards per carry.

Link

There are still going to be super tough no matter who goes pro but If white comes back that would really be a big plus for them. I think they will beat us by 3 td's no matter who is back.

cuz you're so smart and unbiased...

LenDale is as good as gone. I think he's a top 15 back this year as well. He also is the SC career TD holder. Thats pretty damn impressive

LenDale is as good as gone.

Is that just your gut feeling or is there something more out there on this? I know the article says he was mulling his options, but I always thought he was leaning towards staying. Regardless, many think Booty is better than Leinart (we'll see if he's as smart), and I think they only lose one off of that offensive line. They'll be tough no matter what happens.

LenDale is as good as gone.

Is that just your gut feeling or is there something more out there on this? I know the article says he was mulling his options, but I always thought he was leaning towards staying. Regardless, many think Booty is better than Leinart (we'll see if he's as smart), and I think they only lose one off of that offensive line. They'll be tough no matter what happens.

It would be stupid for Reggie to come back. He's won a Hiesman, been apart of 2 national championships (and now a third) and has freakish numbers and draft Expert have him pegged as a number 1 pick. Lendale White is projected in the top20 of round 1. People were saying both Auburn's running backs were crazy for going pro last year and they BOTH went in the first round. If Reggie leaves and with Leinhart going as well, i don't see Lendale sticking around.

• 2 weeks later...

LenDale is a Jr. but I really think (gut feeling) that he is gone if they win in the Rose Bowl. The guy has had a storybook career at USC. Hell, he is the career td leader. That's over Mike Williams, Bush, Orenthal the murdering halfback, Charles White, Marcus Allen etc.etc.etc.

He's a first rounder in the draft for sure. He's nowhere near as flashy as #5, but he gets the job done.

USC next year will be a very interesting team. JD Booty has the pedigree, and he has a better arm than Leinart, but it will be awfully interesting to see what happens when the solution isn;t just to turn around and hand it off to Bush/White when the WR's cannot get open.