"O" Street vs The Rail Yard (Canopy Street) on Game Day

How do you guys think the new Rail Yard will impact things on O Street?

Do you think those bars on O, the ones that get super packed for Husker football games, will notice a drop off? Would Sandy's see a big hit? Brothers?

I think that Barry's will do even more business just because of the location.

What do you guys think?

Do you think those bars on O, the ones that get super packed for Husker football games, will notice a drop off? Would Sandy's see a big hit? Brothers?

What do you guys think?

Hopefully it will just even everything out so each spot isn't such a clusterf*ck

What do you guys think?

Hopefully it will just even everything out so each spot isn't such a clusterf*ck

You mean like the Watering Hole is after games.

What do you guys think?

From what I hear, yes. I haven't been to Lincoln for a game since 09 :(

What do you guys think?

They have the "Hole" part of their name right. Went there post game after So. Miss, asked for napkins from the next table, chick threw the entire stack at my face. I was in the wrong though, it's my fault for being brown.

The Watering Hole, for whatever reason, still has not figured out that on game days things are a bit busier and that they should maybe have a few more on staff.

Which bar does the best job of accompanying gameday crowds, teach? It's so tough to tell. There's so many choices to go on gameday and only 7-8 games a year to experience it. You want to have a good time, but you don't want to miss out on a better time somewhere else, you know? A lot of that really does come from service, and some places just aren't as reliable when it comes to accommodating those big crowds. What do you think?

The Watering Hole, for whatever reason, still has not figured out that on game days things are a bit busier and that they should maybe have a few more on staff.

Which bar does the best job of accompanying gameday crowds, teach? It's so tough to tell. There's so many choices to go on gameday and only 7-8 games a year to experience it. You want to have a good time, but you don't want to miss out on a better time somewhere else, you know? A lot of that really does come from service, and some places just aren't as reliable when it comes to accommodating those big crowds. What do you think?

Good question. Watering Hole seems to be the worst. Cliffs is usually pretty decent. Brothers service seems pretty good. Barry's is pretty bad. Main Street is not bad.

UPDATE

At the Railyard, two bars are hell bent on being open for the opener. The Wings and Rings which is on the second level directly across from the Arena and Gate 25, the bar I'm working on. Saw a sh#t ton of flat screens carried into the Wings and Rings. Snuck up and took a peek. Looks nice and there will not be a shortage of TVs to view. This bar also had an outdoor deck that will directly look towards the massive video screen which will start being put together next week or week after.

Gate 25 is a smaller bar that will have food as well. This will be a down to the wire thing. Has a ways to go. The owners also have a smaller bar next to it as well. Both these bars have serving windows that go to the huge courtyard that us on the west side of the block. This area faces the video board.

The courtyard I believe is to be finished the week before the opener and there is a $12,000 a day fine for it not being finished for Kiewit, the General Contractor for the area. This will also be a push.

More or less some bars may be open but there will be a sh#t ton of construction going on around. Will be a cluster f#*k door a while

• Fire 1