Taylor Martinez opens up

knapplc

Taylor sure has grown on me over his career. I'm really pulling for the kid now. He's put in the work. He's given four years to this program. It's time for him to get that win that will cement his name in people's Husker memories. A win over Ohio St. In the BTC game sounds like a good one.

That's where I'm at too. I hope he has a big year and goes out with a bang.

Also, Taylor Martinez was able to start four years because he was that totally fearless Freshman who clearly outplayed the Senior and the Sophomore former phenom ahead of him. That should generate as much respect as the ultimate stat total.

I suppose Joe Ganz could have owned every passing and total offense record if he'd had three seasons. But he didn't.

Martinez also would have had better stats if he hadn't gotten injured and didn't have to play two seasons with a substandard offensive line and outright crappy receiving corps. But he did.

Also, Taylor Martinez was able to start four years because he was that totally fearless Freshman who clearly outplayed the Senior and the Sophomore former phenom ahead of him. That should generate as much respect as the ultimate stat total.

I suppose Joe Ganz could have owned every passing and total offense record if he'd had three seasons. But he didn't.

Martinez also would have had better stats if he hadn't gotten injured and didn't have to play two seasons with a substandard offensive line and outright crappy receiving corps. But he did.

Great point, Guy. Taylor came out of nowhere to grab that job in 2010. His work during fall camp showed that he needed to be the man at QB. He showed flashes of brilliance his first couple years, but was dogged by inconsistency. I think Taylor had a fantastic year, last year. The only thing I think he needs to improve on, is to take better care of the ball. Do that, and they sky is the limit for him and the Huskers in 2013.