Josh Freeman...to KSU

txdrdubya

hello, so 1st of all, ron freeman said, "who is to say that if josh goes to NU that during his 2nd yr they decide to make him into a de, because that situation happened to me, because I was recruited as a de & they made me into a dt, & I became an all-american."

ok, what is wrong w/ this statement - he disagrees w/ the thought that moving his son to another position is wrong, yet he himself was moved to another position, & that switch turned him into an all-american? - wow, how dreadful, & heaven forbid that that situation happen, again, when coaches try to find the best position & situation for a student/athlete.

2nd of all, schaeffer will be visiting ksu while freeman is walking the campus of ksu to attend his morning classes there - & yes, schaeffer's visit will still be scheduled in jan

3rd of all, which I think is the funniest is when ron freeman said that they (ron, josh, & prince) sat down & watched film of va, & they were impressed that va ran the same offense as the colts do...well, callahan runs the same offense as he did when he was an actual NFL coach, & prince w/ zero coaching experience, simply emulates an offense of an nfl team...wow, that is impressive...good points, ron

p.s. NU is the 1st school to offer '07 qb prospect mallet

No big loss.

That funny. The kid has 7 pages of comments, and everyone was drooling over his committment.

I guess he wasnt that good after all :dumdum

Josh, karma is a b**** my friend. You may think "HA HA, I pulled one over on those coaches and got what I wanted." But in the end, is it really worth it?

Agreed :thumbs billy c, see Joe Dailey.

Did the words "not talented" come out of my mouth? It's not a big loss because no 1 player is bigger then the program and if we had to look at this years recruiting class, he doesn't make or break it. People are forgetting we have a x-mas present from last year by the name of Harrison Beck who will be a damn fine QB. Freeman was in Lincoln last week checking out Beck and if he decided to decommit and commit to KSU, what does that tell you about Freeman's ability to beat out Beck? The kid realized he wasn't going to beat him out and that shows me Beck is better then him.

Is Freeman talented? Yes for a high school kid but he has yet to step on the field in a college game.

I think that had something to do with it. I think Freeman is used to being the "big man on campus" so to speak. Me personally I was never on the Freeman bandwagon. I never seen any of his game films and being from Texas I never heard anything about the kid until it was posted on the forums.

It's not a big loss because no 1 player is bigger then the program and if we had to look at this years recruiting class, he doesn't make or break it.

:yeah Couldnt agree more :thumbs

People are forgetting we have a x-mas present from last year by the name of Harrison Beck who will be a damn fine QB. Freeman was in Lincoln last week checking out Beck and if he decided to decommit and commit to KSU, what does that tell you about Freeman's ability to beat out Beck? The kid realized he wasn't going to beat him out and that shows me Beck is better then him.

That remains to be seen <_< Beck has not been impressive this year.

Yes for a high school kid but he has yet to step on the field in a college game.

Again, agreed. The same can be said for EVERY NU recruit. Keep that in mind.

Leading a team to a drive to win the game is impressive in my opinion. Did he throw a pick? Yes. Did he complete something like 1 of 7 (not sure on his exact completion)? Yes, but the guy is still a freshman with limited snaps. If you thought in the short few snaps he played that he was going to look like a soph or anything when he rarely played this year, then the joke is on you my friend. Sorry, but if you want to say he was not impressive based on a few snaps, that's your opinion, but for me, i will hold judgement untill he plays a complete game to get a better feel for how far behind or ahead he is of the system.

As far as your third comment, i think Marlon looked very impressive in the small amount of snaps he got this year (which i think was 45 carries). It's hard for him to get in a rhythm when one minute he's carrying the ball, the next minute Ross is, and the minute after that it's Cody Glenn. But that's just my opinion

he is gone so lets move on to something else. yes it would have been nice, but come on 6 scholarship qb's wtf. this is going to be a blessing for the team.

not going to have anyone whinig about playing time and becoming a cancer and dragging everybodys attitude down.

it has happend to us before, we have done it to other teams also, and it will happen again.

GBR

Leading a team to a drive to win the game is impressive in my opinion. Did he throw a pick? Yes. Did he complete something like 1 of 7 (not sure on his exact completion)? Yes, but the guy is still a freshman with limited snaps. If you thought in the short few snaps he played that he was going to look like a soph or anything when he rarely played this year, then the joke is on you my friend. Sorry, but if you want to say he was not impressive based on a few snaps, that's your opinion, but for me, i will hold judgement untill he plays a complete game to get a better feel for how far behind or ahead he is of the system.

As far as your third comment, i think Marlon looked very impressive in the small amount of snaps he got this year (which i think was 45 carries). It's hard for him to get in a rhythm when one minute he's carrying the ball, the next minute Ross is, and the minute after that it's Cody Glenn. But that's just my opinion

I realize that he is a Beck is a frosh with limited experience, but I have heard that he was having difficulties with his accuracy in practice, too.

Could he become a good QB, certainly he could. Time will tell.

As for Marlon, I think that he showed some flashes of brilliance, and displayed some of the things that he can possibly do. But again, the offense as a whole never had a rhythm, so I dont think that he really had the chance to do much more. I have heard rumors that he might carry the load in the Alamo Bowl, or at least have a bigger role.

I realize that he is a Beck is a frosh with limited experience, but I have heard that he was having difficulties with his accuracy in practice, too.

Where did you hear this?

Not saying it's wrong, but from what I have heard (people that have attended practices) Beck has progressed quite well and physically has come on very well.

Of course it's hard to really know what any of this means, I just had heard he was doing pretty well and was surprised to hear that you have heard different and who it was that you heard this from.

Again, not saying you are wrong, I have just heard other things.

beck is a freshman and throws like a freshman, nothiung more nothing less. Rumours can easily spread like a wildfire. I bet if i said Leon Jackson is thinking in about transferring, it would be on every single husker message boardn a matter of a couple of hours.

Ah yes. The ole "My friend who heard it from his brothers sister who then heard it from his cousins sister in law twice removed". Classics!

Where did you hear this?

Not saying it's wrong, but from what I have heard (people that have attended practices) Beck has progressed quite well and physically has come on very well.

Of course it's hard to really know what any of this means, I just had heard he was doing pretty well and was surprised to hear that you have heard different and who it was that you heard this from.

Again, not saying you are wrong, I have just heard other things.

I heard it from one of the LJS beat writers who covers NU football, I heard it on the freaking radio a few weeks back.