Youth on Defense

But coaches don't have 3 missed tackles in one play........players do.........the same players that made those tackles in the first quarter and a half. They were there in position to make tackles on those running plays and just didn't. So yeah......coaching calls had alot to do with todays meltdown, especially on offense to me.......but missed tackles are COMPLETELY on the players......and there was plenty of them in the last half of the game.

Are you kidding me? So nebraska just happens to recruit the only players in the country that can't tackle? Coaches and the way they run practice have nothing to do with it? It's just the players who all happen to have been incompetent tacklers for the past several years?

LOL.......if you are a highly recruited player coming out of HS and have to be taught how to "tackle".........there is an issue LOL Cracks me up........."the coaches aren't teaching them them how to tackle" LMAO Then I guess that would be on the coaches if they are a high rated HS recruit but have to be taught how to break down and tackle someone.........my bad LOL I though most scholarship players learned how to tackle in pop warner when they were 8........should be past the teaching point for the most part by the time they are 19 or 20 in my mind. Sorry I just find it funny that bad tackling gets put on the college coaching staff.........the players need to take some responsibility for it.........just like playing with not heart or guts........that should have to be taught at the top college level

So you think these people who were just playing against high school kids last year don't need to be taught how to play at the D-1 level? So kids who get 4.0 in high school never need to study in college because "LOL they ...... already... LMAO know everything they need.... LOL and ....... need to ........ be taught ........... how to do college level work....... LOL LMAO."

It's a different game, and, believe it or not, they need to practice basic skills as the skill level of their opponents increase or, well, we see the results on the field every week. You may "LOL" or "LMAO" at the notion of practice, but it really makes you look foolish. To believe your POV, you have to believe that teams with outstanding defenses are recruiting some kind of players who are genetically predisposed to tackling.

If we play man-man and dont blitz this is going to happen every single game(and has). It is impossible for a DB to cover a WR consistently when the QB has all day and can pick and choose his WRs. Then when were in man and one guy misses the tackle no one is around to cover up. I've read that Bo doesn't let the players tackle to the ground during the week usually. Of course our players are going to be rusty when they go full tackle only a couple times a week. Obviously you don't want to go full speed tackle every day of the week but you would think when tackling is a huge concern we would do it a little more. Yes, it's the players missing the tackles but it's on the coaches if we don't practice tackling. Obviously, this might not be the case, just going off what I've heard.

Sorry didn't mean to bash the coaches in this thread because there are 1275739 other treads where this could go. I am excited about the youth on D and think in a couple years we will be scary. I am most excited about both the True Frosh LBs.

Edited by iowahuskers