Cheer like HELL this Saturday

zoogs

I'm not going to excuse any of Bo's antics. He ought to be nicer to some people.

I'm talking about the team. Subject at varying times since 2007 to negativity that is at times discouraging, and at times downright awful. Husker fans are passionate, but when that boils over to ripping players' character, booing them on the field (does the Husker prayer apply to fans too????), abandoning the stadium at halftime and other kinds of lashing out.....

I'm talking about Bo, too. He's always felt — unfairly, I'd say — the fanbase wasn't really behind him or his guys. It's never been true of even the majority (except maybe on certain message board cultures; not this one). Let's show him he's wrong. Let Bo realize that we aren't the guys who heckle him or grab at his arm while he walks to the tunnels. Let him know without a sliver of doubt that of all the people in the world he has to defend his team against, his own fans aren't one of them.

He, and any coach, and any team, should know their fans are behind them. Maybe they do already. Some reinforcement wouldn't hurt.

We're the classiest fans in America, dadgummit. 'Through these gates walk...' We're awfully proud of ourselves, and it's not (that) undeserved. Let the team be proud of us, too.

"Kill 'em with kindness", as they say. Shower the team with love. Make it a showing befitting of the Sea of Red. Tell your friends! The best efforts are concerted, united.

At the appropriate time, if Bo blows it. Sure. Call for his firing. Vent your own frustrations, here, or elsewhere. Monday through Friday, Saturday night and Sunday. On Game Day, in Memorial Stadium, when Bo leads that team out of the stadium, please represent all of Husker Nation everywhere well.

Let them say, 'domo arigato, Husker fan.' ;)

• Fire 4

Do you think Bo will publicly address the fans before the game?

I expect this at some point before kickoff saturday. not just saturday, but any minute now really. I do. He has to know the only way to cure this is with genuine conviction. I know I would. He said it best at the teleconference. He's human and said some things at a highly emotional moment and he made a mistake (though I still dont call it a mistake.)

Oh, I would think a face-to-face in front of the cameras is likely forthcoming. People are griping that he didn't do it already, but he heard about this at 5PM yesterday. I think knapp laid out the appropriate measures very well, and it's something we are likely to see, if only because it's so plainly necessary.

Best thing Bo could do would be to sit down in front of a camera and speak openly and honestly to the fans. Apologize off the cuff, show sincerity, and tell them he's going to work hard to show that statement was then, and he's changed now.

And then back that up with clear evidence of change over the next several months.

Oh, I would think a face-to-face in front of the cameras is likely forthcoming. People are griping that he didn't do it already, but he heard about this at 5PM yesterday. I think knapp laid out the appropriate measures very well, and it's something we are likely to see, if only because it's so plainly necessary.

Best thing Bo could do would be to sit down in front of a camera and speak openly and honestly to the fans. Apologize off the cuff, show sincerity, and tell them he's going to work hard to show that statement was then, and he's changed now.

And then back that up with clear evidence of change over the next several months.

I've heard a couple of media pundits (Finebaum specifically) calling out Bo for apologizing thru the media the way he has already. I'm more curious to know if Bo grabs a mic, walks to the center of the field and addresses the fan base publicly.

I'll say it again...trying to make anything out of the South Dakota State game after getting whacked so bad by UCLA is like washing your car after you wrecked it.

I could fake it, I guess...nah, I can't...

However, I will be back when Big 10 play starts. This game won't get us back into the Top 25, and Bo and the team need to find their motivation from within themselves.

Okie, I think he does anything on Game Day, it'll be a lot more toned down and probably not before the game ends.

Bowfin, it's not about the game at all. The players on this team, and Bo, too, don't feel the fans are totally behind them. It's nice and all to demand that they act 'better' first (and yeah, sure; the spotlight should be expected, and so should the ability to handle it), but for our part, we have it in our power to take the initiative and give them something to feel proud about. Hitting back isn't the a step towards healing any frayed relationship. And this is one that could use some tonic.

Thank god you wont be there. You really don't deserve to be.

Tell you what Ace: If after this whole last week Bo and the players can't find whatever it takes to put an effort out on this field WITHOUT me, then they aren't going to find it even if I sit next to you and we share pom poms and face paint.

This is something that they're gonna have to do themselves. However, if they do win, I'll make sure you get 1/91,000th credit, which is what you would have awarded yourself anyhow...so again, I don't see myself an integral part in the whole scheme of things. Bo and the team rise or fall on their own merits.

I'll say it again...trying to make anything out of the South Dakota State game after getting whacked so bad by UCLA is like washing your car after you wrecked it.

I could fake it, I guess...nah, I can't...

However, I will be back when Big 10 play starts. This game won't get us back into the Top 25, and Bo and the team need to find their motivation from within themselves.

It is truly a shame that I don't have the amount of money you must have to waste on tickets you have no intention to use. Could you please send them to someone that would want to maybe take their kid for the first time or just anyone that would like to go and cheer on their team?

:laughpound Sorry zoogies, I just laughed at your title because I don't see this drama exercise as anything that would change my Loyal Husker Man Card into a bandwagon Man Card. I will provide my screams as I have for many, many years without hesitation. If I need an excuse not to cheer on my Huskers, I would rather just stay home and that isn't going to happen "God willing".
It is truly a shame that I don't have the amount of money you must have to waste on tickets you have no intention to use. Could you please send them to someone that would want to maybe take their kid for the first time or just anyone that would like to go and cheer on their team?

Of all the problems there are and will be around Memorial stadium this weekend, getting tickets to this game will NOT be one of them. If you are serious about needing some tickets, PM me if and I'll check e-mail to see if they are gone already.