Crop Insurance vs. Food Stamps (Farm Bill)

Were we not talking about a federal program?

The National Review article was talking about farm welfare. You didn't specify which taxes you were talking about until later.

The thread topic lists a federal program. My original comment you responded to talked about paying into a "system" and receiving out of the "system." I thought that was indicative enough but perhaps not.

My original comment you responded to talked about paying into a "system" and receiving out of the "system."

No . . . it didn't say that. I've quoted it in it's entirety below. You said, ". . . the program has resource and income requirements such that the taxes they are paying are little to none."

Now you'd like to specify certain taxes. I wonder why. :P

Because the program has resource and income requirements such that the taxes they are paying are little to none.

No . . . it didn't say that. I've quoted it in it's entirety below. You said, ". . . the program has resource and income requirements such that the taxes they are paying are little to none."

Now you'd like to specify certain taxes. I wonder why. :P

Yes, when you edit out the context of my posts, it doesn't say that anymore. Here is the reassembled, unedited thread:

Yes and no. The farmers are still (in theory) paying into the system then getting some back out - although it wouldn't hurt to actually accomplish something on the tax code in general and exemptions in particular. I wouldn't expect food stamp recipients to be paying much or any into the system.

How so?

Because the program has resource and income requirements such that the taxes they are paying are little to none.

My original comment you responded to talked about paying into a "system" and receiving out of the "system."

No . . . it didn't say that. I've quoted it in it's entirety below.

So you're just going to continue to ignore the part where I did in fact refer to "paying into the system".

In fact, it's still visible if you scroll up.