Crop Insurance vs. Food Stamps (Farm Bill)

Obviously I haven't polled farmers and the majority maybe wouldn't agree with this. I don't know.

But, many of the farmers I know and have been in discussions with agree that they don't need subsidies when they are having years like they have had the last few.

That said, if we are going to give subsidies to multi billion dollar international corporations (owned by few) just to pump oil out of the ground and sell it to the rest of us at ridiculous prices then I have less of a problem giving millions of local American farmers subsidies to compete with them.

Farmers are some of the most crooked people out there. They get government backing on things that are just ridiculous like the insurance and subsidies for ethanol. Starting this next week, ALL gas will have at min. 10% ethanol in it. The only gas that will not will be a mid-grade and premium, both will be about 30-40 cents higher then what it is now. Some of the reasoning for this is because farmers are being greedy and asking top dollar for their corn and ethanol plants are suffering for it because they can't match the prices.

Do you also try to get paid as much as you can for the job you do?

Do you complain about oil prices and the profits that those companies make? I have no problem with farmers making a good living off of hard work but not off of government help. I have a good friend that is a VP of a bank and he tells me things that would just astonish you when it comes to the money that some farmers make, before getting help. Farmers work the system just like welfare people do and I think it is BS.

Farmers are some of the most crooked people out there.

No, they aren't. A lot of my family are farmers. You can say the system is broken, but operating within the confines of that system does not make a person crooked.

Now, some of mega-farm operations do do a ton of crooked stuff, and Monsanto is as close to the scum of the earth as we have in America, but that's a different story. Most farmers just take what they can get.

http://www.buzzfeed....s-personally-re

Several of the House Republicans who voted Thursday for a bill that slashed billions of dollars from the food stamp program personally received large farm subsidies for family farms. The bill cutting the food stamp program narrowly passed on a mostly party line 217 to 210 vote.

During the food stamp debate, GOP Rep. Stephen Fincher, who received thousands in farm subsidies, responded to a Democratic Congressman during the debate over the cuts by quoting the bible, saying “the one who is unwilling to work shall not eat.”

Fincher himself has received his own large share of government money. From 1999 to 2012, Stephen & Lynn Fincher Farms received $3,483,824 in agriculture subsidies. Last year he took in $70,574 alone.

Farmers are some of the most crooked people out there. They get government backing on things that are just ridiculous like the insurance and subsidies for ethanol. Starting this next week, ALL gas will have at min. 10% ethanol in it. The only gas that will not will be a mid-grade and premium, both will be about 30-40 cents higher then what it is now. Some of the reasoning for this is because farmers are being greedy and asking top dollar for their corn and ethanol plants are suffering for it because they can't match the prices.

Do you complain about oil prices and the profits that those companies make? I have no problem with farmers making a good living off of hard work but not off of government help. I have a good friend that is a VP of a bank and he tells me things that would just astonish you when it comes to the money that some farmers make, before getting help. Farmers work the system just like welfare people do and I think it is BS.

well that makes it a fact then. A banker calling all farmers crooks.

well that makes it a fact then. A banker calling all farmers crooks.

That is pretty funny. :P