A.Abdullah 19-165; T.Martinez 8-16

Taylor had 4 runs for 43 yards, and 4 sacks for -27. Although one of those sacks was on a designed QB draw, so it should count as a run. I don't know why sacks are counted as carries, that does nothing but make it confusing for everyone.

I agree, when we got down one touchdown, I think we had three straight pass plays and went 3-and-out. Whether that's audible or by design it seems like a poor call. When we were down two scores we mounted that very successful TD drive with a heavy dose of Ameer, and that's really what we should have built off of all day.

I'm sorry, but winning by running similar plays that work is no way for an offensive genius to win. A true genius will mix it up, razzle and dazzle, and show that he's creative and lose with a flourish.

"They'll never expect us to stop doing what works!" <-- a genius thought process.

I'm sorry, but winning by running similar plays that work is no way for an offensive genius to win. A true genius will mix it up, razzle and dazzle, and show that he's creative and lose with a flourish.

"They'll never expect us to stop doing what works!" <-- a genius thought process.

Worked for Osborne and works for a lot of other coaches.

If Beck would learn to stick with something that is working until the defense shows they can stop it, he might actually be a decent OC

I posted this in another thread. The past 3 games, IMO, I saw the Beck that we need. Minimized the play book. Played to the strengths of the QB. One play flowed to the next and set another play up. No multiple, no Jeckyll and Hyde. Just a smooth running O. The difference between those 3 games and this one? Martinez. I am unsure why he continually wants to go air Beck with him back there. It is like Beck just tries one play after the other with no rhyme or reason.

If Beck would learn to stick with something that is working until the defense shows they can stop it, he might actually be a decent OC

I posted this in another thread. The past 3 games, IMO, I saw the Beck that we need. Minimized the play book. Played to the strengths of the QB. One play flowed to the next and set another play up. No multiple, no Jeckyll and Hyde. Just a smooth running O. The difference between those 3 games and this one? Martinez. I am unsure why he continually wants to go air Beck with him back there. It is like Beck just tries one play after the other with no rhyme or reason.

It makes you wonder sometimes (at least me), if Watson could have played the QB he wanted and not Taylor, would Watson still be OC?

Taylor had 4 runs for 43 yards, and 4 sacks for -27. Although one of those sacks was on a designed QB draw, so it should count as a run. I don't know why sacks are counted as carries, that does nothing but make it confusing for everyone.

I agree, when we got down one touchdown, I think we had three straight pass plays and went 3-and-out. Whether that's audible or by design it seems like a poor call. When we were down two scores we mounted that very successful TD drive with a heavy dose of Ameer, and that's really what we should have built off of all day.

The problem is more with the 4 runs for 43 yards than the sacks actually. The reason I say that is I believe one run was for about 35 yards. That leaves 3 carries for 8 yards. Otherwise we have one nice pass play to Bell and that one long run. That's really no consistent run threat at QB and 2 plays the entire today from the position. You just can't win that way, an effective running QB will essentially help "grind out" yardage and help keep drives moving. We did not have that today.

Minnesota actually had the blueprint for how we should have played, and I think Armstrong is the guy for that gameplan. I doubt we could have beaten them running the ball more and as much as they did, but we'll never know. I guess it doesn't matter who the QB is if they just hand off all day.

It makes you wonder sometimes (at least me), if Watson could have played the QB he wanted and not Taylor, would Watson still be OC?

Fair question to me, with RKIII looking as good as he has this year. There is no reason we should favor any one Husker over another when it comes to putting the best player on the field.

Do you have some way of actually knowing Watson wanted to play a different QB? Really the move to a mobile QB is something I liked, but the caveat is a very effective mobile QB. Osborne went to the option long ago because of the cold weather games making it more difficult to win in November without a very strong run game.

As far as folks thinking the option doesn't work, go look at Air Force, G Tech, or the ultra modern version Oregon runs. It works, it's all about execution and the right personnel!

IMO, yes. We had the guys he wanted for the system he wanted to run. Had he been kept, I think we would be a lot further along on O because of continuity of system. Wats, at least had a great deal of experience with the O he wanted to run.

yep ameer was rolling on the edges and we still seemed to want tmart to throw the darn ball. I mean seriously what gives. he is highly ineffective at throwing the football. our running game is where its at. receivers cant catch the ball even when it is on target