Players tired?!!?!?

I think Beck has promise. I know we've piled on him, but we've also seen his system work very, very well. If he were given free reign of the offense, I think it would be pretty good... especially with this rumor about how didn't want to call plays for Martinez today.

Your kidding me right? Beck has COMPLETE reign over the offense. Martinez basically stated this in an article to ESPN. Either way, like I have stated in a couple threads, this is Bo's team, and if he knew pulling Martinez was the best choice, he should have done it, whether Beck liked it or not.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9888913/taylor-martinez-nebraska-cornhuskers-says-foot-ailing?ex_cid=espnapi_public

"Today I thought the best interest of the team was for me to come back and go on the six-week stretch," Martinez said.

Pelini said he wouldn't have been against Armstrong relieving Martinez if offensive coordinator Tim Beck had wanted the redshirt freshman to play. Martinez said he went into the game expecting Armstrong would play some.

"But it turned into a game," he said, "so we just left me out there."

Martinez said his injury probably was described publicly as turf toe because it's a commonly understood ailment. He said he's been told the injury he has -- whatever it is -- can take three or four months to heal.

display_image.jpg?x=769709

One of the best in the game. 1-gap New England defense.

So, I'm wondering if there's too much hub-ub over how our DL 'look', especially the DTs.

Actually, this picture came with an accompanying article, and I'm not sure what the article is really trying to say, but I'll link it here: http://www.greggsmit...reers-are-over/

Wow, I get my numbers mixed up. I meant 2-gap there. Especially when they were running their 3-4. I'm not sure if they are still a 2-gap now that they primarily run a 4-3.