The defense is a bigger issue than Taylor.

Taylor could have played like Taylor yesterday and we still could have won but...

1.) Our D-line cannot get off blocks. This has been an issue for a very long time and I think this is what hurts us the most. What is this, coaching? Lack of talent? Are our players out of shape?

2.) Tackling is freaking horrible. Andrew Green deserves as much ridicule as Taylor.

3.) LB's are very hesitant to react. It seems like by the time they know what to do, they are trying to run the ball carrier from behind. (Chalk it up to youth, but we've had the same issue when we had experienced LB's on the field last year.

3.) LB's are very hesitant to react. It seems like by the time they know what to do, they are trying to run the ball carrier from behind. (Chalk it up to youth, but we've had the same issue when we had experienced LB's on the field last year.

The issues are different than last year. Last year we had experience, back seriously lacked the athleticism needed at LB. Pelini had to change the way he recruited based on the B10 vs B12. Pelini also did not recruit well a few years ago. That seems to have changed. I think there are great things to come from our young guys, but they will have growing pains as freshmen.

Of course the defense is a bigger issue but this isn't an either/ or thing.

He also is not getting it done. He is hurt! He is not a QB, he never really was. We need our O to stay on the field and protect this D. Can you really say he passes the eye test out there?

When you are QB you get all the glory and all the blame. Nobody saying we need to switch at QB thinks the defense is any good. Nobody. Still need to make a change at QB.

I think there are great things to come from our young guys

Please explain what you saw yesterday (or any time this season) that would bolster this statement. Not everything automatically improves with time. There usually has to be some mechanism in place to ensure improvement. What would you say that is?

Please explain what you saw yesterday (or any time this season) that would bolster this statement. Not everything automatically improves with time. There usually has to be some mechanism in place to ensure improvement. What would you say that is?

You're right......Randy Gregory has not been any improvement over what we had at that DE spot.

You're right......Randy Gregory has not been any improvement over what we had at that DE spot.

obviously, one guy does not make a defense...

2.) Tackling is freaking horrible. Andrew Green deserves as much ridicule as Taylor.

I'm tired of seeing players "hit" the ball carrier thinking they can knock him down. f'ing wrap up and actually tackle the guy!

It's like they the tacklers will stop and dive at their ankles instead of popping their shoulders into them and driving them to the ground.