Beck or Taylor?

Washusker

Believe me - the key is the offensive line.

tru dat. we need guys an o-line of the '95 vintage: big, strong and disciplined.

you give taylor and beck the time to do what they want and make the holes the running backs need, we will be golden and one step closer to restoring the order.

Believe me - the key is the offensive line.

tru dat. we need guys an o-line of the '95 vintage: big, strong and disciplined.

Do need OL help badly, however, billy c will never bring in the caliber of players that NU had in the 90's. Those guys were strong, maybe even a little smallish, and quick, guys that could get on the perimeter and move. The guys billy c seems interested are big, tall, fat dudes who sit on their heels and pass block, and ever now and then, fall on someone during a run block.

Do need OL help badly, however, billy c will never bring in the caliber of players that NU had in the 90's. Those guys were strong, maybe even a little smallish, and quick, guys that could get on the perimeter and move. The guys billy c seems interested are big, tall, fat dudes who sit on their heels and pass block, and ever now and then, fall on someone during a run block.

Utterly false.

They are simply two different style of linemen. The linemen of the 90's were beasts and great football players, no doubt. However, now NU looks for a different type of linemen. One who can understand zone blocking schemes and can be proficient and run and pass blocking,. Admittedly some of them haven't played extremely well, but all have shown potential in both areas at times. You gotta remember we have a lot of young guys up there

As far as run vs. pass blocking, I bet if you ask Cory about the run blocking in the Alamo, he would probably tell you it was alright ;)

Im not sure about that, wanna ask Joe Dailey??

Sure, ask him. I am sure he will agree with you, but the fact is that the other QB's were/are much better than him in this offense.

Yea, now you will start pointing to numbers and I will start pointing to what everyone else see's, the undeniable fact that a guy like Taylor or Beck is MUCH MORE COMFORTABLE (read: doesn't get happy feet constantly, audible's effectively) in this offense.

If Joe really wanted to put in the time, he could have. I don't blame him for transferring.

However, we are pushing a year with this. Let's let it go.

This topic is about our 06 QB and I am sure we can count Dailey out. Period. Start another topic if you want to really dig this corpse up again.

Beck has better tools, but Taylor's grit and competitiveness are incredible.

:rollin:rollin Better tools?? What are his stats? 1-10, something like that? :rollin:rollin

Taylor is the man! Single season passing record of all time at NU!! He's a battle proven QB! He'll start and play well next season. :worship:worship

GO CALLY, FOUR MORE YEARS!!

How do you like him now? Anyone still want to argue that Cally will get ALL his contract years??? :box

With all due respect, at this point, this is an assinine topic.....

I sure hope it was posted for "converation" purposes ONLY..... (that I would understand and appreciate)

But..... if ANYONE is truly questioning who the QB of this team is, is only looking for controversy.....

Taylor is the man.... this is his team, bar none...... Beck is talented, and his time will come..... He could very well be a better qb, but he will have 2 years to lead this team... I really repsect beck for his loyalty and being a "team-player"..... I love this young kid (that didn't sound right :rollin )

How can anyone question Taylor....to do so, is a slap in the face.... without Taylor, this team would have been home for the Holidays instead of beating a UM team, that was ranked as high as #3..... Taylor is a tough guy, who, when given time, can be very productive.... He is not fast, but runs effectively when needed...

Taylor is #1, and unless he gets hurt, this is his team.... Beck will be solid #2 and may at one time in spring/fall practice be listed "co-#1" just for motivational purposes....

Utterly false.

They are simply two different style of linemen. The linemen of the 90's were beasts and great football players, no doubt. However, now NU looks for a different type of linemen. One who can understand zone blocking schemes and can be proficient and run and pass blocking,.

Essentially, that is what I was trying to say. TOs offense needed guys who could move, guys that pulled, alot. With pass and zone blocking, foot speed and quickness is not emphasized. You can see it in the type of players being recruited. A Taylor was listed at 6'1" (more like 5'11" ;) ) and 305, but could move and dominate, as he won the Outland. In the WCO, the stylish thing is to have OLs that are 6'8" and weigh 350, they are doing little to no pulling, not compared to previous offenses at NU, and they would never offer a scholarship to kid like Taylor now.

As long as taylor is upright he has earned the right to be the#1 guy. Swift played awesome this year and once nunn gets better with timing and going after the ball he will be a stud. Let us not forget Matt Herian will make this a lethal pass attack when he returns.

Running back is a position that worries me. Glenn looks like a great short yardage guy who should have been used more. Lucky still looks like he has cement in his shoes. What happend to Brandon Jackson this year? This bowl win is gonna be huge for Big Red with recruiting.

I am pumped! :thumbs

Utterly false.

They are simply two different style of linemen. The linemen of the 90's were beasts and great football players, no doubt. However, now NU looks for a different type of linemen. One who can understand zone blocking schemes and can be proficient and run and pass blocking,.

Essentially, that is what I was trying to say. TOs offense needed guys who could move, guys that pulled, alot. With pass and zone blocking, foot speed and quickness is not emphasized. You can see it in the type of players being recruited. A Taylor was listed at 6'1" (more like 5'11" ;) ) and 305, but could move and dominate, as he won the Outland. In the WCO, the stylish thing is to have OLs that are 6'8" and weigh 350, they are doing little to no pulling, not compared to previous offenses at NU, and they would never offer a scholarship to kid like Taylor now.

?