GT: UNK at Nebraska - 7:05PM - BTDN/Husker Sports Network

So now I see that the Haymarket Parking (which was $5 for Monday nights game) is $10 for Friday night's game.

Probably not going to break anyone, but seems like a heavy-handed way to penalize the fans who are already paying seat licenses, paying for season tickets; paying inflated concession prices and still get a brisk and lengthy walk to the PBA.

Does it ALWAYS have to be................how much can we gouge the people who are supporting this program?

Real arena benefits come with real arena expenses. Paying $10 for parking is a very standard practice across the country.

So now I see that the Haymarket Parking (which was $5 for Monday nights game) is $10 for Friday night's game.

Probably not going to break anyone, but seems like a heavy-handed way to penalize the fans who are already paying seat licenses, paying for season tickets; paying inflated concession prices and still get a brisk and lengthy walk to the PBA.

Does it ALWAYS have to be................how much can we gouge the people who are supporting this program?

I refuse to pay that. We will be parking on campus or downtown and walking. That's ridiculous.

Real arena benefits come with real arena expenses. Paying $10 for parking is a very standard practice across the country.

I understand that, although I would argue that parking in Haymarket Park (with the attendant long walk) is not analogous with close-in priority parking. I'd guess most places across the country (at least those I've encountered while traveling to away contests in multiple sports) don't unilaterally charge as much as the market will bear for distant parking.

I'm just a bit disappointed that University officials who always cite "Great Fan Support" as integral to the success of Husker athletics don't demonstrate a little reciprocity when the option is there.

Especially since some of us have paid for and watched a TON of bad basketball for the last couple of decades. Bad schedules, bad coaching, and bad teams.

I also guess they will claim this is a contracted lot and out of their hands when determining pricing. Which is BS since they could have negotiated some guidelines at the beginning.

Overall, I just think they missed an opportunity to truly demonstrate they do care about the fans situation.

Bottom line: I Don't want to have this issue to overshadow how excited we all are for the opening of the arena and the entire MIles era beginning.

I understand that, although I would argue that parking in Haymarket Park (with the attendant long walk) is not analogous with close-in priority parking. I'd guess most places across the country (at least those I've encountered while traveling to away contests in multiple sports) don't unilaterally charge as much as the market will bear for distant parking.

I'm just a bit disappointed that University officials who always cite "Great Fan Support" as integral to the success of Husker athletics don't demonstrate a little reciprocity when the option is there.

Especially since some of us have paid for and watched a TON of bad basketball for the last couple of decades. Bad schedules, bad coaching, and bad teams.

I also guess they will claim this is a contracted lot and out of their hands when determining pricing. Which is BS since they could have negotiated some guidelines at the beginning.

Overall, I just think they missed an opportunity to truly demonstrate they do care about the fans situation.

Bottom line: I Don't want to have this issue to overshadow how excited we all are for the opening of the arena and the entire MIles era beginning.

Obviously the university has some sway with city officials, but that parking is city owned.