Is it just me or is Michigan State not THAT good...

Michigan State is very good but they don't look good. They seriously are late-2009 Nebraska - they win ugly. They have the best defense in the country (literally, they do) and we're throwing an injury-depleted, freshman-led offensive unit at them. We should absolutely be a little worried.

^^this. As beat-up as our o-line is, Huskers will probably have to rely on the D to get some turnovers, and have Sam Foltz have a great punting game to help turn the field. I'm not saying our offense is going to be bad...but realistically...they're probably going to need some help.

One thing that I wonder about is the MSU OL vs. NU DL. I watched the latter half of the Minnesota game and they didn't seem to have much trouble moving your big uglies around in the run game.

Something clicked for us in the 2nd half of the NW game, you'd be better served to look at that game and move forward from there through Michigan.

• Fire 1

I say we throw three A Double, Cross and Newby at em over and over. No huddle run each a play or two, swap em and do it quick. Wear their line down by the second drive. Then just pick your spots with the short pass and option.

Defensively.....slaughter their QB. Just absolutely make him dread taking the field.

Yup make 'em throw and make 'em throw fast! Their QB is destined to end up in the 2013 graveyard thread.

One thing that I wonder about is the MSU OL vs. NU DL. I watched the latter half of the Minnesota game and they didn't seem to have much trouble moving your big uglies around in the run game.

Something clicked for us in the 2nd half of the NW game, you'd be better served to look at that game and move forward from there through Michigan.

Agreed it's the most impressive 2 game jump defensively we've seen in the Pelini era IMO. If we had been playing like that from the beginning of this season, there is no question we'd be 9-0 right now.

Agreed it's the most impressive 2 game jump defensively we've seen in the Pelini era IMO. If we had been playing like that from the beginning of this season, there is no question we'd be 9-0 right now.

I agree because there is no way UCLA comes back on us and I don't think Minny would've stood a chance. With a hurt Martinez in the game though I don't know for sure. With Kellogg and Armstrong in there no doubt in my mind we win that game. This is a weird season......................just hope we're hitting our stride when we need to and putting it all together.

I agree because there is no way UCLA comes back on us and I don't think Minny would've stood a chance. With a hurt Martinez in the game though I don't know for sure. With Kellogg and Armstrong in there no doubt in my mind we win that game. This is a weird season......................just hope we're hitting our stride when we need to and putting it all together.

These are the what if's that have been getting me the last day or two. Why oh why didn't we simplify and just start letting these kids fly around the way they are now. This defense wins that UCLA game. Minnesota as well. I know they are young and the staff is saying they have learned a lot, but we saw no semblance of even attempting this type of attacking defense,in those games. At least not to my untrained eyes. Dangit.

We still have everything in front of us though. If we win this game Saturday, we are going to win out.

UCLA had trouble w/ Stanford's D. Granted, I am not proclaiming our D as good as theirs but for arguments sake, there is no way UCLA scores 38 unanswered points against this defense we have seen the past two weeks. What is frustrating is the potential has been there all along.

I know what you mean, the MSU offense has been continually improving every game aside from that blip against Purdue. With two decent to good offenses performances before and after, i'm willing to dismiss it as an abberation where a young QB read a few too many press clippings and didn't take the opponent seriously.

I literally tuned in to the NW game for the hail mary, but I watched you guys vs. UM. Not sure how much we can read into either of our games vs. them, really. Their OL is a dumpster fire and their OC is doing nothing to help it out.

I'm not buying into MSU's D. I don't think they have faced quite an offense like ours that is multiple except for maybe Indiana. If this was done against exceptional competition and they dominated Wisconsin or Ohio State then I'd be worried. They haven't been pushed/tested by anyone yet. On the road in Lincoln for them will be tough especially for their QB who has never played against us in our house. I can see our d-line harassing Cook quite a bit. Especially RG44. They haven't seen the kind of speed our defense has.