Is it just me or is Michigan State not THAT good...

I'm not that impressed by MSU. I'm really not. They really have no idea what they're in for. Well, they were here in 2011 with 85,641 in attendance except this year we will have 91,000+ so it'll be louder, right? So, we should handle them easily. MSU's offense is perfect for Bo's defense. The real concern is whether our O will be able to put up points and I really think we can hang 21+ on MSU's defense.

They don't impress me, but neither do we.

• Fire 1

Rewatching the NU - MICH game, and if we can do what we did in this game we will be fine defensively.

If we limit their running game and throw in some match-up zone, I don't think their QB has the stones to go deep (Devin Gardner didn't/couldn't) he was being chased around the pocket whenever he had the time to go deep while the receivers were blanketed. If the MSU QB does try this, that is where the picks will come. Our secondary really needs to jump their routes when they try to go deep on us and make them pay for it. I'm not afraid of MSU's defense. I equate that to playing poor offensive teams. They almost blew it w/ Indiana who has a pretty spicy offense but god awful defense.

Here is why I am worried about this game...

1. Tim Beck as our OC. When we get going, he seems to change something and we go stagnant. Against Michigan, we pull Armstrong and play Kellogg. This was NOT a good idea and poor decision making on Beck. Had Armstrong been struggling, I could understand. After doing so Michigan shut us out for the 2nd quarter, and when we put Armstrong back in, we weren't jelling anymore. Michigan found confidence in their defense, that they did not have before. We also abandoned the run game, once again. The option was a play that was working really well, and we only ran it a handful of times. You keep running a system until it can be stopped.

2. Michigan's defense is good. There is no denying that, and if you don't think so, you haven't watched much on them. I hear many people say "they lost to Notre Dame, their defense isn't that good". They only gave up 17 points, while MSU's offense couldn't do crap. They kept ND to 220 total yards. Since that loss, they have found a groove on offense and have been jelling pretty well too. We all know a good defense and a "good enough" offense can win you big games. This is the recipe they have shown to have.

3. While our defense has shown a TON of progress for 7 straight quarters (minus the 1st quarter in the Northwestern game), I am not completely sold on our play yet. Our defense is still a huge question mark. A couple times this year we have been like "oh man this defense is stepping up" to all of a sudden dropping the ball that following weekend (ie Minnesota).

I do think we win this game, but I am not as comfortable as I have been the past 2 years. Its going to be a dog fight, unless Beck can pull his head out of his ass, stick with a run first mentality and KEEP Armstrong in, unless he is struggling. I thought Kellogg was our chance to win out, but its clear that Armstrong is playing better, and he wants to win. You can see it when this kid gets to the sidelines. True leader. Like I said, if Beck pulls his head out of his ass, we win this game and we exploit MSU's defense once again, showing how flawed they are, but I am not holding my breathe on that. Beck seems to only call good games against teams like SDSU, and Southern Miss. When something doesn't go his way, he folds and he starts to pick plays with a blindfold on.

I can't agree with this at all. Regardless of whether or not Nebraska wins, MSU is a good team. They sport one of, if not THE, best defenses in the nation. I haven't seen a more disciplined group yet, especially one this opportunistic. Running the ball will be difficult for our battered line, and it will test (not break) Armstrong's patience and control in both the passing and option game.

They're offense has gotten better, as well. I mean, the did put up more points against Michigan than we did.

I honestly think Nebraska can win this game, but I think everyone is experiencing a little hubris after two great wins. Nothing wrong with that, just don't think we should take away from what State has done this year.

• Fire 1

I can't agree with this at all. Regardless of whether or not Nebraska wins, MSU is a good team. They sport one of, if not THE, best defenses in the nation. I haven't seen a more disciplined group yet, especially one this opportunistic. Running the ball will be difficult for our battered line, and it will test (not break) Armstrong's patience and control in both the passing and option game.

They're offense has gotten better, as well. I mean, the did put up more points against Michigan than we did.

I honestly think Nebraska can win this game, but I think everyone is experiencing a little hubris after two great wins. Nothing wrong with that, just don't think we should take away from what State has done this year.

I don't think they are "disciplined", but they are physical, and this is why they are good. I don't think they are as good as the numbers show, because they really haven't gone against a good offense. Our offense will probably the best they face all year. People said the same thing you are saying now, last year. Have you seen those results, or remember them? 160 passing, 330 rushing is what we put on them.

I don't think we will struggle in the run game, but pass protection is something we will have problem with. We will only struggle in the run game, if Beck runs away from it.

1. Tim Beck as our OC. When we get going, he seems to change something and we go stagnant. Against Michigan, we pull Armstrong and play Kellogg. This was NOT a good idea and poor decision making on Beck. Had Armstrong been struggling, I could understand. After doing so Michigan shut us out for the 2nd quarter, and when we put Armstrong back in, we weren't jelling anymore. Michigan found confidence in their defense, that they did not have before. We also abandoned the run game, once again. The option was a play that was working really well, and we only ran it a handful of times. You keep running a system until it can be stopped.

When did he abandon the run? The run/pass ratio was 65/35. I bet we ran the option 10 or more times yesterday, and by your theory when we complete a pass for over 20 yards we should keep passing until they stop it?

When did he abandon the run? The run/pass ratio was 65/35. I bet we ran the option 10 or more times yesterday, and by your theory when we complete a pass for over 20 yards we should keep passing until they stop it?

1st and goal, 2 passes and then you decide to run... hmmmm. When we are gashing UM 5 yards with each attempt, with the occasional 15 yard break, why stop? This is what I am saying. RUN FIRST MENTALITY. This is how you win football games.

If you were satisfied with Beck's play calling, then that is you, but I am not, and I really haven't been at all this year.

Seems to me like the best offense they have seen so far this year is Indiana which also sports one of the worst defense' too. Their SOS is worse than ours. This seems all too much like 2011 matchup when we dominated Sparty 24-3. I'm thinking we will see a similar outcome only this time the Huskers will be able to finish the year unscathed. I think our trend of beating Michigan St will continue. Bo will have their offense figured out it'll be up to our players to "execute" the game plan which they have done so impressively the last two weeks. I think defensively we will be able to do things MSU's offense has not seen that along w/ 90,000+ screaming fans... this isn't the big house where all the noise goes into the sky. Let's make MSU feel the noise.

I am leaning towards a win at home. TA throws for one, runs for one. Ameer runs for 120 yards and comes up big in the 4th quarter again to break it open 27-10 final. Turnover free game for NU. What say you?

I want what you are drinking. What ever flavor it is?

Let's keep in mind they had a bye week too. It won't be easy

I would rather have a team riding high on two consecutive emotional wins w/ solid D performances than a bye week.

2011 Michigan State was a team riding high on two consecutive emotional wins. Didn't turn out well for them.

Yeah, exactly. The only time we "aren't" abandoning the option is when we are literally running it every other play.

Against NW, I don't remember seeing a lot of option at all in the second half. Against Michigan, it was a part of our game all day.

1st and goal, 2 passes and then you decide to run... hmmmm. When we are gashing UM 5 yards with each attempt, with the occasional 15 yard break, why stop? This is what I am saying. RUN FIRST MENTALITY. This is how you win football games.

If you were satisfied with Beck's play calling, then that is you, but I am not, and I really haven't been at all this year.

I don't know 14th in rushing yards per game, 92nd in passing yards per game, and 431 running plays compared to 257 passes says we have a run first mentality. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

• Fire 1