QB Garret Green

fyi--it's Garrett with 2 "t's"

Lead his team to a state championship at 14-0. Passed for 1850 yards and 15 tds. Ran for 900 yards and 9 tds.

Sorry those were his junior stats.

As a senior his team lost in the finals and went 13-1. Green was 35-2 as a starter for 3 years. As a senior he passed for 1527 yards and 14 tds and ran for 945 yards and 8 tds.

As a junior he was a Mr. Football State Player of the Year Finalist making the final 15. Others that made the finals were Marlon Lucky, Mark Sanchez and the winner Desean Jackson.

Impressive company on that list.

I wonder why the staff is really going after this kid if a QB isn't a dire need? I know it isn't a dire need, but I would have expected them to save the ship for another position.

*shrug*

He will be a good fit if we is willing to wait and be patient. It seems he is. I hope his thought is if NU doesn't work out, off to Harvard, where he wouldn't have to wait a year before playing.

Dave, in regards to the above post...you can never have enough quality QB's on your roster.

So let me get this straight....he isn't good enough as of now pending an NU offer! But once NU does offer Green, he is supposed to call USC so they then can offer this kid?? Yeah, that makes a ton of sense if this is fact the story. If this kid is supposedly smart enough to make it into Harvard, hopefully he is smart enough to see that USC is using him as nothing more than their puppet!! Who would want to go to a school that would only offer you if another school did?? Pretty weak if you ask me!

So let me get this straight....he isn't good enough as of now pending an NU offer! But once NU does offer Green, he is supposed to call USC so they then can offer this kid?? Yeah, that makes a ton of sense if this is fact the story. If this kid is supposedly smart enough to make it into Harvard, hopefully he is smart enough to see that USC is using him as nothing more than their puppet!! Who would want to go to a school that would only offer you if another school did?? Pretty weak if you ask me!

Great point BRC. That is bunk. Surely he can see through that.

hello, I know that this is a wistful type of ?, yet if garrett green visits NU does NU have a chance at getting rodney glass to visit, too?

rodney glass, 5'11", 170, 4.40, ****, 18th rated ath on rivals & 21th on ca's top 100, played in califlorida bowl w/ green, & at sherman oaks (ca) notre dame

projected as a either a rb or db in college (similar to wallace w/ projected position, yet glass has better speed, & wallace better size)

both were going to visit schools together earlier (ms & az st)

he has az st, wa, & unlv as his top schools on rivals