Nebraska at Penn State: Game Week Thoughts

admo

Ok fellas, great game coming up this saturday. Personally speaking, Nebraska vs Penn State is one of the best visual games around. Road or home, the colors, the traditions, the history. I've been looking forward to this game all season. So who comes out with the victory? The weather will be cold. High of 40 with not much wind. It's senior day for the Nittany Lions. They have no post season. And next week they have to go to Wisconsin. This is big matchup for them. The last 2 games were close and physical. I recall last year they even jumped out to a 20-6 lead before we came back fighting. There was even a questionable / arguable late game call at the goal line that was ruled a fumble instead of touchdown. We prevailed and regained the momentum. Great exciting game. PSU is slightly favored by a couple points. I'm not sure even vegas knows what to expect. They haven't loss at home yet. The Huskers have usually responded pretty well after a loss. Can't remember last time we lost 2 in a row recently. Their QB is a highly recruited true frosh, a drop back pocket passer that isn't too mobile. He's made his share of good throws and mistakes. Which plays right into our wheelhouse. They have a possible 1st round draft pick receiver in Robinson. They have two good running backs. Swinak is very tough to bring down, very physical runner. Defensively I'm not too sure they are good enough to keep the Huskers from moving the ball effectively and putting points on the board throughout the game. But they are tough and physical. So I do give them that. I think they will be motivated from many things, not having beaten Huskers the past two years, it's senior day and no post season bowl game. Probably a white out too. Not much to say about our Huskers that we don't already know. I think it will be a good slug fest, back and forth, with lots of punting and field position battles early. At the beginning of the season I thought this would be one of our possible slip-up games and circled a high-chance loss. But I just don't know for sure what will happen anymore. I'm hoping and rooting for a good 44-24 Husker victory. Because our team has some real good talent. At this moment though, however, I think PSU squeaks out an ugly 30-28 revenge win. But who knows anymore? Not me. If I do know anything, I'm fairly confident Abdullah gets his 100 to 150. And it should come down to whoever takes over the 4th quarter. So what do y'all think? Who do you like and why? Hope everyone is excited for some Saturday football as me! GBR

• Fire 1

I heard yesterday that PSU are 17-3 on senior day. NU vs PSU are always close tight games, i think all but two. I'm going to be here at the game and am very excited to see Big Red come to town again. It sucks we won't play every year after this year.

even though i'm going to be at the game (i think im bad luck) I'm going to pick Huskers by 9 GBR

I heard yesterday that PSU are 17-3 on senior day. NU vs PSU are always close tight games, i think all but two. I'm going to be here at the game and am very excited to see Big Red come to town again. It sucks we won't play every year after this year.

even though i'm going to be at the game (i think im bad luck) I'm going to pick Huskers by 9 GBR

That's pretty cool! You better wear red lol :LOLtartar Hey what's their capacity? Is it around 90K? Does it get loud there?

That's pretty cool! You better wear red lol :LOLtartar Hey what's their capacity? Is it around 90K? Does it get loud there?

oh i'll be in red for sure. its around 109k seats and its funny still to this date the 2002 game is still their highest capacity game. sucked for us though. Yes it gets really loud and i have never been to the Big house but they say it blows that away

oh i'll be in red for sure. its around 109k seats and its funny still to this date the 2002 game is still their highest capacity game. sucked for us though. Yes it gets really loud and i have never been to the Big house but they say it blows that away

Wow I didn't know that. Good Lord that game was tough to watch. My friends and I took some dates to a Husker watch site and it was standing room only. We weren't planning on drinking heavily, but you can guess what happened.

Wow I didn't know that. Good Lord that game was tough to watch. My friends and I took some dates to a Husker watch site and it was standing room only. We weren't planning on drinking heavily, but you can guess what happened.

You had to stand?

Got a bad feeling that this game is going to be very Minnesota-esque. It is insanely difficult to win when the lights come on in Happy Valley.

230 game time. Should be getting dark towards the fourth quarter. I'm excited about this game. I don't have a bad feeling though. Although if they can get their running game going, it will be a close game.

You had to stand?

Shoulder to shoulder my friend. Someone always had to hold the pitcher too. Crazy.

PSU offense scares me a lot. They are really starting to click. O'brien seemed to get away from the run and has now gone back to it and its paying off. No doubt about it they can throw and that is what they will try to do. Their D is pretty bad so if Huskers can hang on to the ball and Beck calls a good game i really like our chances