Cruise Lines. Which is better?

I appologize in advance for this being a stupid topic/question, but it is one that I am looking for a little help with. My wife and I are looking at taking an Alaskan cruise next summer for our anniversary. Neither of us have been on a cruise before and we are getting all kinds of mixed results and reviews. I believe we have narrowed it down to Princess and Royal Carribbean, but cannot decide which one is the better choice. Does anyone have any experience, insight, thoughts, opinions that could help us decide? Doing Google searches for the last month has only confused us more. Thanks in advance. GBR!!!

I appologize in advance for this being a stupid topic/question, but it is one that I am looking for a little help with. My wife and I are looking at taking an Alaskan cruise next summer for our anniversary. Neither of us have been on a cruise before and we are getting all kinds of mixed results and reviews. I believe we have narrowed it down to Princess and Royal Carribbean, but cannot decide which one is the better choice. Does anyone have any experience, insight, thoughts, opinions that could help us decide? Doing Google searches for the last month has only confused us more. Thanks in advance. GBR!!!

I've been on Carnival and Royal Caribbean, never Princess though. My experience on Royal Caribbean was good, the ship was awesome and very clean and it was very classy in comparison to Carnival. Carnival is okay if you're into partying all night or if you have a family with kids. In those cases I wouldn't pick Royal Caribbean or Princess from what I've heard about Princess. Princess has some nice looking ships with cool features from what I've seen from those ships from being in port with them. The ship we took on Royal Caribbean was Jewel of the Seas and had just won their fleet award for best ship and crew so that may have been a factor into how great Royal Caribbean really was. I liked the food better on Carnival than Royal, but enjoyed the atmosphere of mature people more on Royal than Carnival. Several dickheads were encountered on Carnival during my trips with them, two total, but none were staff, just passengers.

• Fire 1

I've been on Carnival and Royal Caribbean, never Princess though. My experience on Royal Caribbean was good, the ship was awesome and very clean and it was very classy in comparison to Carnival. Carnival is okay if you're into partying all night or if you have a family with kids. In those cases I wouldn't pick Royal Caribbean or Princess from what I've heard about Princess. Princess has some nice looking ships with cool features from what I've seen from those ships from being in port with them. The ship we took on Royal Caribbean was Jewel of the Seas and had just won their fleet award for best ship and crew so that may have been a factor into how great Royal Caribbean really was. I liked the food better on Carnival than Royal, but enjoyed the atmosphere of mature people more on Royal than Carnival. Several dickheads were encountered on Carnival during my trips with them, two total, but none were staff, just passengers.

Thanks for the input. Yeah, we are planning on getting away for a week without the kids, so we are very much interested in the romantic/relaxing cruise. We aren't the big party crowd these days, that's why we are leaning towards Princess. It seems to be more of that crowd that they cater to. Great information, very much appreciated.

I've only been on Royal, and it was fantastic. Will definitely sail with them again.

Thanks for the input. They seem to have a great product and that is why we are confused. I have been told that since it is Alaska, the cruises tend to be a little more relaxing and less party, so maybe we will go with The best deal. Appreciate the feedback, thank you.