malibu-black.JPG

Malibu Black Caribbean Rum

I love you NUance but good lord man. That is disgusting.

You know, it doesn't taste too bad really. I just polished off that bottle today. It brings back fond memories of several drunken years pursuing, and obtaining, a UNL degree. Good times, man. :lol:

past nuance is very thoughtful. is the weord cinnamon whiskey fireball?

Okay, I'll have you know that I had to walk all the way down to the kitchen to verifyt this. At least 50 feet. The weird cinnamon whiskey is Evan Williams, not fireball. And by itself it tastes like crap. I've been using it as sort of a whiskey condiment. I put a little bit into other cheap whiskeys to give them some taste. Like Kessler. I put a shot of the Cinnamon into the yet more crappy Kessler American blended whiskey, and it isn't half bad. Or so I tell myself. :lol:

I've been polishing off the odd bottles of partially full booze lately. Didn't notice, but the Liquor cabinet got dangerously low. All I got left is a couple fingers of Smirnof vodka, some weird cinnamon flavored whiskey, and a way old bottle of some cheap Baileys liqueur knockoff that has probably turned poison by now and would surely kill me. Then I had a flash. I remembered the bottle of Jamesons Irish I have stashed in my workshop in the nail drawer. I put it there thinking I might need to get hammered some time. Get it? Nail drawer. Hammered? lol

So there's that. :lol:

+1

• 2 weeks later...

I drank a fair amount of Hornet's Nest Honey Wheat and Duck Pond Brown Ale from Jack Pine Brewery in Baxter, MN last week. The Hornet's Nest is so good. It's way better than a Leinenkugels Honeyweiss. The Brown Ale was awesome too. Looking forward to going back there for more or hopefully seeing it available in the Twin Cities soon.

Had a Heineken at supper last night. Not going to do that ever again.

heineken is the type of beer i would like to like, but just can't. they drink it in the wire, that's why i gave it a shot. but i'll stick to jameson when it comes to the wire influencing what i drink.

Had a Heineken at supper last night. Not going to do that ever again.

heineken is the type of beer i would like to like, but just can't. they drink it in the wire, that's why i gave it a shot. but i'll stick to jameson when it comes to the wire influencing what i drink.

I didn't need The Wire to influence my Jameson enjoyment. I normally keep a bottle or 2 on hand at all times.

As far as Heineken, there just isn't anything to it. I think I have had too many well done craft beers to accept something that plain.

Oh, I wanted to mention The Still bought a barrel of Old Forester and has bottles on sale for $35. This barrel produced a good bourbon, and when you add in the different bottle and the fact that it's a barrel just for The Still, I'd say it's worth it. It's a pretty solid bourbon with definite fruity notes that add a nice touch. Just a heads up for those in the area.