Matt Leinart

HSKRNOKC

well im sure he has had enough people tell him that so he believes it. Everything is settled on the field and i think that if these teams played 100 games it would be pretty close to a 50/50 split. But really USC probably is a better TEAM yes (at least offensively in my opinion), but Invincible Young is pretty tough to stop and he played like a man posessed tonight.

wow, and all this time i was thinking, "at least USC and its players have class" take that and minus-1 for Leinart, i guess. too bad too.

a few random thoughts.

1- hey Matt, SCOOOOOOREBOOOOARD. :thumbs

2- maybe they were the better TEAM all around (actually just a good offense). but Vince Young sure kicked their A$$!!

3- well, they Were better than a 1940-whatever Army team and several other "historic" teams in fictional matchups. so he can find solice in the fictional never never land ESPN created where USC 2005 is the unmatched super power of them all!

4- maybe he was just pissed b/c he had just found out ESPN doesn't hand out a pre-winner trophy despite all the hype.

Poor sport / sports.....period.

It was also nice to prove the entire USC best ever crude as over blown (they would've NEVER won 34 straight games in the Big12...period) by ESPN (Entertaining Stupid People Network).

Flat out I hadn't seen this much HYPE in a game since NU/FLORIDA imo.....and ESPN comes out looking like a bunch of morons again.....imo.

But in regards to USC.....I personally believe they play in a sub-par conference and especially this year hadn't really played anyone with any kind of D. Even Notre Dame was shown to not of been as good as initially thought (especially their Defense).

As for the Better team comment....I don't' believe that either. Lets face it. YOUNG's performance was SO GOOD it took a lot away from the plays other players made. The int by their safety that saved not only a TD, but 3 points in what would've probably lead to a field goal. Also if I recall right 2 forth down plays that UT stopped USC on. Again, the UT D all in all kept Bush in check which with WHITE running you could clearly see they were focused on protecting the outside runs and keeping EVERYTHING in the middle of the field. So player to player performance I'd still take UT's team as a "BETTER" team D wise and in some regards on Offense as well.

Also UT didn't run a lot of "power" plays like I've seen in the past.....it seemed to me they saw something on tape that said they could run Young all night long....or at the very least give them favorable matchups with him if there was no one open. But when they wanted to UT could've run the ball more with their RB's and lets face it. their WR / TE's.....were open all night. Look at his completion %.....they have some talent......and it simply shows the ignorance of Matt imho.

Just my 2 cents, but clearly I hope we wax USC next year as well.

Weasel