Oh Richie!

Fanatic

Redout I disagree

I say he needs to be suspended... If this was the first thing he had done off or on the field... it would be different. This kid has great potential but has continually had horrilbe behaviors on and off the field. He has not learned from anything yet so a harsher consequence has to happen...

Richie is a grown man... and hitting three people for ANY reason is not acceptable. Its one thing with its self defence another thing when you punk someone outside who your passing bye...

These actions were representative of a person that has absolutely 0 self control, and resembles a flat out baffoon. This is an embarassment to NU and a slap in the face to all the new coaches that have been working so hard to get acquainted and things stabilized. We needed our players to act their age and show some maturity more now than ever before, and they have failed in the past few weeks. Its clear Richie has learned nothing from his stay in the ward like Pile said, and he clearly needs harsher repercussions. Reminds me of that Hawaiian kid from a few yrs ago that was a roid rage looking for a place to happen. Great talent but zero compunction. Get a clue guys.

Did we ever get the true reasons for this?? What was his motive? Alcohol involved?

I know he got ticketed so this may all mean nothing.

I know people who go to school in Lincoln. This guy will show up to parties and just

start sh#t. Throwing stuff around just cause he can, pissing everyone off.

Guest Visitor_Armistead

Guy's I don't give a damn if he killed everyone at the Kegger....We need him next year....The very Idea of suspending him is f@cking stupid....I mean really! ! !

The "civilians". around Lincoln need to make a little room for the big guy...if somebody has to take an upper-cut for the team then so be it.

Win.....That IS It.....nothing else matters...the sooner the fans,coaches and the school gets that burned into their brains the better...

JUST WIN.........

Guy's I don't give a damn if he killed everyone at the Kegger....We need him next year....The very Idea of suspending him is f@cking stupid....I mean really! ! !

The "civilians". around Lincoln need to make a little room for the big guy...if somebody has to take an upper-cut for the team then so be it.

Win.....That IS It.....nothing else matters...the sooner the fans,coaches and the school gets that burned into their brains the better...

JUST WIN.........

No team needs the distraction of a d******d like that. I don't care how good he is.

Besides that he isn't that great....

JUST WIN.........

The trouble is, this kind of activity actually contributes to the opposite. His inability to control himself off the field spills over to his on-field behavior. His antics on the field cost the Huskers a time or two, and most of what he did on the field was never caught by officials. In short, his behavior is hurting the team.

Everyone wants aggressive players; players that go all out on every play. But when that player's aggressiveness violates the rules, it hurts the team. An unsportsmanlike conduct penalty can be a drive killer. He has to learn to control and channel his aggression. If the coaches permit this kind of off-field behavior, it becomes more and more difficult to prevent similar on-field behavior.

Play like hell...but play within the rules. Otherwise, you're a liability.

I completely agree. There is no one player above the team, especially Richie! So far his negative contributions out weigh his positive contributions. Off the field he is obviously a distraction. As a player I would not want to have to depend on a guy that may not be there because he's in jail or something. Guys in the trenches have to be able to depend on one another. On the field, let's face it, Richie is a personal foul waiting to happen...EVERY PLAY! Damn can you imagine him and Bo together, what a powder keg that would be. We all talk about "what Nebraska Football is all about". Well I grew up believing Nebraska Football was about class, tough but not dirty. My feeling is that if you are fortunate enough to be a Nebraska Football player, then you must live up to the standards set by those before you. If our success depends on this one knucklehead, then we are in big trouble fellas. I want to win more than most, but not at the expense of our character! People say NU fans are the greatest fans in ALL SPORTS because of the way we conduct ourselves (for the most part), well what if we started acting like RAIDER FANS! Think about it!