Hope Moss Doesn't Return if . . .

Well, yes, the situation is bad for everyone. She has been "punished" and so has he. The distinction I'm making (from your line of thinking) is that he not being "punished" for rape -- he is being "punished" for being involved in an allegation of rape. I know this seems like it's a non-sequitur, but to me it's different. Fair or not, that's the reality. Simply making the claim raises a sink that can't be ignored. Yes, I know you disagree. But that's my view.

Also, I don't know all the facts, but she didn't make the claim to ruin his chance of winning the Hiesman. She made it on the night the rape allegedly occurred (a long time ago), and has continued that claim to this day.

On Moss, I think it's a big deal. But considering it happened before the season, it is odd. The only explanation I can think of is the school admin (not Bo) took time and now won't allow him back, or he's not happy here (maybe because they required him to do things as a result of the incident, grades or otherwise). Stated another way, and in response to your comment, I don't think Bo kicked him off the team. I think there is something else going on.

If the whole thing is a lie, how is she punished? That is what I am trying to figure out. I am not saying Winston is guilty, or isn't but that is not my place, your place or anyone's place to say. The law, no matter whether your a sports player or not, is not as lenient on women violence/sexual assault as it use to be. If they could prove it, he would have been guilty, and no Heisman.

And just to add, someone who is raped doesn't do this... She claims to have memory lapse of the night but only blew a .04 and no signs of being drugged. She states she had sex with her boyfriend that day as well, but doesn't release his name.

The Tallahassee police have said that the investigation into the incident became “inactive” in February 2013 because the alleged victim stopped cooperating and declined to pursue charges. But, through her attorney, the accuser and her family dispute this, saying that they were always available to work with police and that they repeatedly asked the department to obtain DNA samples from Winston and interview witnesses from that night.

According to the Associated Press, search warrants released Thursday indicate that the alleged victim told police she had been drinking shots with friends at a Potbelly's restaurant on the night of the encounter before getting into a cab with a man and going to an apartment. She reportedly said her memory was unclear and she was not sure where she had been raped, but that she remembers the suspect dressing her, putting her on a scooter and dropping her off at an intersection.

Remember, the girl blew a .04.

Well, yes, the situation is bad for everyone. She has been "punished" and so has he. The distinction I'm making (from your line of thinking) is that he not being "punished" for rape -- he is being "punished" for being involved in an allegation of rape. I know this seems like it's a non-sequitur, but to me it's different. Fair or not, that's the reality. Simply making the claim raises a sink that can't be ignored. Yes, I know you disagree. But that's my view.

Also, I don't know all the facts, but she didn't make the claim to ruin his chance of winning the Hiesman. She made it on the night the rape allegedly occurred (a long time ago), and has continued that claim to this day.

On Moss, I think it's a big deal. But considering it happened before the season, it is odd. The only explanation I can think of is the school admin (not Bo) took time and now won't allow him back, or he's not happy here (maybe because they required him to do things as a result of the incident, grades or otherwise). Stated another way, and in response to your comment, I don't think Bo kicked him off the team. I think there is something else going on.

If the whole thing is a lie, how is she punished? That is what I am trying to figure out. I am not saying Winston is guilty, or isn't but that is not my place, your place or anyone's place to say. The law, no matter whether your a sports player or not, is not as lenient on women violence/sexual assault as it use to be. If they could prove it, he would have been guilty, and no Heisman.

And just to add, someone who is raped doesn't do this... She claims to have memory lapse of the night but only blew a .04 and no signs of being drugged. She states she had sex with her boyfriend that day as well, but doesn't release his name.

The Tallahassee police have said that the investigation into the incident became “inactive” in February 2013 because the alleged victim stopped cooperating and declined to pursue charges. But, through her attorney, the accuser and her family dispute this, saying that they were always available to work with police and that they repeatedly asked the department to obtain DNA samples from Winston and interview witnesses from that night.

According to the Associated Press, search warrants released Thursday indicate that the alleged victim told police she had been drinking shots with friends at a Potbelly's restaurant on the night of the encounter before getting into a cab with a man and going to an apartment. She reportedly said her memory was unclear and she was not sure where she had been raped, but that she remembers the suspect dressing her, putting her on a scooter and dropping her off at an intersection.

Ah good, we've reached the point in the discussion where people are dragging an anonymous woman's credibility through the mud because she may have been raped. That should lock this thread up nicely.

If you think the girl hasn't been subjected to ridicule, your mistaken. I imagine her life has changed dramatically as a result. Her name was leaked by numerous sources, and usually can be found in the comments to any story about the subject, including some very nasty comments about her.

And, with regard to the actual incident, I don't know enough to make an informed opinion as to what happened. But, the facts aren't all one-sided. For example, when was the breath test given; how many hours after she actually drank? Without knowing that, you can't attribute any value to the test except that she drank some alcohol that night.

How do you know what someone who is raped does or doesn't do? There is no set rules regarding behavior after being raped, just like there is no set rules regarding how to behave in your house when the Huskers win or lose. Not everyone will react the same way to the same event, and that same event may be perceived differently by different people who are operating under different conditions. Behavior is, for the most part, unpredictable.

That's no way to try and question her credibility, by saying that people who are raped don't act this way. Was she drinking? Yes, she blew a .04, and the effects of alcohol on the brain are well documented. All of this is going to be difficult to prove (and apparently was) because of her slight intoxication; among many other factors. But to say that people who are raped don't act a certain way is just ridiculous.

Holy crap. If I were a mod I know what I would lock.

Eh, I don't think there's anything that is ridiculously bad in here.

A girl no one here knows who may or may not have been abused is getting her name drug through the mud. All in some pathetic comparison to a former player here. It's ridiculous and it's pissing me off (you are not, the thread existing is)

A girl no one here knows who may or may not have been abused is getting her name drug through the mud. All in some pathetic comparison to a former player here. It's ridiculous and it's pissing me off (you are not, the thread existing is)

Oh. I don't bother reading a majority of the posts in a thread. I have just read the last couple.

The thread was titled "Hope Moss Doesn't Return" and didn't mention anything about the Jameis Winston case. So somewhere, somebody decided to bring that up.

Your over reacting dude. All I am saying, if someone was raped, you wouldn't think they would turn around and not be cooperative. If I was raped, I would be completely cooperative, and I know a couple women who were sexually assaulted, both of these women were cooperative throughout their investigation. I have not once called the girl a liar, just stating that there are reasons Winston wasn't charged and to sit here and say he is guilty is absolutely ridiculous. You can say this girls name is getting drug through the mud, just like Winston's man. This is all I am trying to say.

Your over reacting dude. All I am saying, if someone was raped, you wouldn't think they would turn around and not be cooperative. If I was raped, I would be completely cooperative, and I know a couple women who were sexually assaulted, both of these women were cooperative throughout their investigation. I have not once called the girl a liar, just stating that there are reasons Winston wasn't charged and to sit here and say he is guilty is absolutely ridiculous.

I, once again, redirect you to post #51.

Your over reacting dude. All I am saying, if someone was raped, you wouldn't think they would turn around and not be cooperative. If I was raped, I would be completely cooperative, and I know a couple women who were sexually assaulted, both of these women were cooperative throughout their investigation. I have not once called the girl a liar, just stating that there are reasons Winston wasn't charged and to sit here and say he is guilty is absolutely ridiculous.

I, once again, redirect you to post #51.

I have never heard of ANYONE being uncooperative with an investigation when they are the victim. I am NOT calling her a liar, just stating that you can't take ruin Wintson's life because of what may or may not have been true. I don't know what is true, you don't know, no one in this thread knows.

I have never heard of ANYONE being uncooperative with an investigation when they are the victim. I am NOT calling her a liar, just stating that you can't take ruin Wintson's life because of what may or may not have been true. I don't know what is true, you don't know, no one in this thread knows.

So, why again, are we talking about this? Or how did this get brought up?

So, why again, are we talking about this? Or how did this get brought up?

The OP brought it up on page one, and Dagerow brought up how Winston should have never won the Heisman. I showed some reasons why he wasn't charged.