Who are you rooting for today on GREAT football matchups?

Who are you rooting for?  

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Who are you rooting for?

Me, 49ers and Bronco's. Biggest reason for the Bronco's is because its Peyton's last game. If the Patriots won, I would be totally fine with that since Dennard is on the team.

Did I miss where Peyton is retiring? Or are we just assuming his neck is giving out? (A totally fair asuumption, I've accepted that he's just been drinking stem cells and unicorn blood these past 24 months)

• Fire 1

I don't really care all that much who wins, I'm just looking forward to watching some great football. I've been a fan of the Niners ever since Harbaugh got there, and I love the way Tom Brady competes. So if I had to choose, I'd go 49ers & Patriots, but it doesn't matter all that much to me.

Like I told one of my students the other day, the only team that I would be upset about winning anything would be the Cowgirls, but I don't think I'll ever have to worry about that one :lol:

Like I said before, I'm rooting for Brady because he's made it this far surrounded by a bunch of scrubs. Peyton has been great this year, but he has weapons everywhere. And truthfully, I even like Peyton more than Brady. But I'm pulling for the underdog here.

And Kaepernick and Harbaugh are simply not respectable gentlemen.

...yeah?

I don't know. I've only watched from a distance. Seems like a stud of a QB, and a good representative of the NFL, too. Him and Wilson both.

I don't know, he just really rubs me the wrong way. Too cocky and DB-y. He's like the anti-Wilson.

EDIT: Dude and I posted at the same time but his post above shows what I'm trying to say.

You got me curious, so I looked it up.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/here-s-why-that--colin-kaepernick-is-self-centered-and-russell-wilson-is-not--comparison-is-totally-off-base-182213225.html

I've read that and some scouting report on Kaepernick from maybe a year and a half ago, so it's not a whole lot. But it seems like he and Wilson are both some of the 'good guys'.

Kaepernick's parents, Rick and Teresa, lost two infant boys to heart disease. Born between oldest son Kyle and daughter Devon, Lance lived 23 days and underwent two heart surgeries before passing. Kent died at 4 days old.

"It was Colin that got us involved with Camp Taylor," says Teresa Kaepernick. "He had just been drafted by the 49ers and he had received a check for something. He said, 'I want to donate this check somewhere where it'll help kids with heart defects.' That just blew me away. "Losing children to heart disease wasn't something we really talked a lot about as a family, but obviously he had given a lot of thought to this."

But Kaepernick wanted to do more than just endorse a check. "Colin goes all out for the kids," says [Camp Taylor's Kimberlie] Gamino. "He's all about the kids, making them smile and being there for them on their level ... well, not really, he's 6-foot-4. "Last year, he was supposed to be at the camp for three hours; he stayed seven."

He's a public figure and it's all about perception. He behaves, or at least appears to behave, in an arrogant self centered manner when in the public light. RW doesn't. For all I know Russell Wilson is secretly funding child soldiers in the Congo and Kaep goes home every night to work in a basement lab researching a cure for cancer....

Do we really know what other people, especially pro-athletes who we've never met, are like? No

Do I actually think Kaep is a bad person? I have no idea and I don't really care.

But for our purposes, in our little sports fandom world where half of the fun is in arbitrary judgement Kaep is, at least for me, the bad guy.