This is a grotesque trend that needs to stop. In the last couple months there has been close to a dozen of these incidents.

@mattdpearce

From @kategcarlton, OU's president says: Most likely not a shooting on OU's campus. Instead possible backfire from construction equipment.

And now we see the problem with social media.

Okay but realize that you, and we, are part of the cause that is making these happen more and more frequently.

This is a grotesque trend that needs to stop. In the last couple months there has been close to a dozen of these incidents.

@mattdpearce

From @kategcarlton, OU's president says: Most likely not a shooting on OU's campus. Instead possible backfire from construction equipment.

Okay but realize that you, and we, are part of the cause that is making these happen more and more frequently.

I am quite aware.

@mattdpearce

If it were up to me it would be illegal to report on these "stories". The people who do these things just want the attention and those who off themselves afterwards are too lazy or stupid to leave behind a meaningful legacy. Makes me sick.

If it were up to me it would be illegal to report on these "stories". The people who do these things just want the attention and those who off themselves afterwards are too lazy or stupid to leave behind a meaningful legacy. Makes me sick.

Talking about it as a regular person has the same effect as reporting on it.

Talking about it as a regular person has the same effect as reporting on it.

I dont think I have quite the audience Syndicated News Stations have. Plus, I didnt start the thread.