Team USA - Sochi Hockey

Excel

It isn't looking like it right now. And to be honest, I hope it kills the NHL off if that's the decision they make. It won't, but I'd be so glad if it did. I'd like to see the majority of the best players give the league the finger and go play elsewhere.

But it won't, because there isn't any other league, outside of the KHL, that can pay them like the NHL can.

• Fire 1

It's a complete dick move (supported with bogus, hypocritical "reasons") to deny the majority of the best players in the world the opportunity to represent their countries in the Olympics once every four years. It forces them into a choice...don't play for what is easily the best league in the world with the best players, or don't represent their countries in the Olympics. And that's just complete sh#t, and if the NHL goes ahead with it, the NHL deserves to go down in flames.

It's a complete dick move (supported with bogus, hypocritical "reasons") to deny the majority of the best players in the world the opportunity to represent their countries in the Olympics once every four years. It forces them into a choice...don't play for what is easily the best league in the world with the best players, or don't represent their countries in the Olympics. And that's just complete sh#t, and if the NHL goes ahead with it, the NHL deserves to go down in flames.

Personally, I don't want them in the Olympics.

I don't want my teams chance of getting a Stanely Cup, shot to hell because somebody gets hurt during a two week tournament that happens once every four years.

They're getting paid because it is a "job". If they want to quit, go for it. Find another league where you're going to be paid very well, where you won't get blown up by Chechen separatists.