Athlon sports ranks the Big Ten coaches so you don't have to.

I wonder where Pelini would have been ranked in the B1G after 2009.

Probably fairly high. Hoke was ranked, I think, 2nd by Athlon last year. Opinions can change with additional information, especially in ever-changing rankings such as these.

The last couple seasons have definitely made me change my opinion of Hoke. I'd have no problem flip-flopping him and Pelini on this list.

I think Hoke gets a bad rap. I mean, Michigan fans should realize that it's not 1997 anymore and they aren't one of the few teams on television every week. Besides Hoke just needs more time, if they fired him they'd just be in another Rich Rodriguez situation.

#entitled.

#onetrickpony

Nebraska's greatness began with a dynamic winning coach that just happened to bring on a non paid assistance in 1964, after two 6-4 seasons, Devaney promoted Tom Osborne to offensive coordinator for the 69 season, with TO's offensive mind and Devaney's Defensive mind, greatness was born. Back to Back NC's in TO's first two yrs as OC. I watched a two decade losing team come to greatness under Devaney & Osborne. Then we enjoyed Osborne's greatness until January 98. Hall of fame coaches don't grow on trees, they either have it or don't. Pelini needs to find the offensive genius to complement his defensive genius. Husker fans need to display a little patience until that happens. Pelini, is becoming a better HC before our eyes. His recruiting has improved, especially after moving to the B1G, the caliber of athlete has improved, with the players he came to the B1G ten with, which were recruited to play in the B12, as well as the next two classes. All teams deal with injuries, however, the Huskers have had a rash of important pieces and large numbers go down in the last 4 yrs. It's remarkable some of his teams have reached 9 wins. Bo is assembling as great staff, we may not approve of his choices, which matters not. Everything takes time, especially for a first time head coach. Fans calling for his head are people that need instant satisfaction, not willing to work for what the get. Yes, as a fan we work with the team for success, we cheer them on to pump up the adrenaline, to play out of their minds. Sitting on your hands, complaining like a child " I want it and I want it now", serves no purpose or interest.

In the ideal world, I would be head coach at Nebraska with Pelini as DC, Callahan as OC, then I'd let them suggest who they wanted as assistants.

Enjoy life with the Huskers, be thankful you aren't a cubs fan or worse yet, a jayhawk. I believe Pelini is on the right track in all ways. I also believe the next 2 or 3 yrs will be exciting times, much like the late 50's early 60's (without the success today's team enjoys of course), greatness is on the horizon. Yes, I always drink the kool-aid, and I truly believe what I've stated, win or lose. they are my team. GBR

• Fire 1

Devils advocate: it took Tom 9 years.

you can do whatever you want. Doesn't mean I won't point out facts.

The funny thing about that 'fact' is that it probably bears mentioning that Tom won the Big 8 twice in his first six seasons, back in the days where there wasn't a CCG and shared titles existed. Facts are nothing without context, and the context of TO's early team performances against the college football landscape was a Top 10 finish every year. I suppose the luster and meaning of a Top 10 finish may have changed - I certainly wasn't around then to remember - but you will have a hard time convincing me that 25 is the new 10.

Bo doesn't have to equal what Tom did. One of the greatest coaches of all time. But hopefully people don't get any wrong ideas about what exactly Osborne accomplished in his early tenure. If he took a lot of heat for it, it was only due to the expectations being even higher at the time.

Devils advocate: it took Tom 9 years.

you can do whatever you want. Doesn't mean I won't point out facts.

The funny thing about that 'fact' is that it probably bears mentioning that Tom won the Big 8 twice in his first six seasons, back in the days where there wasn't a CCG and shared titles existed. Facts are nothing without context, and the context of TO's early team performances against the college football landscape was a Top 10 finish every year. I suppose the luster and meaning of a Top 10 finish may have changed - I certainly wasn't around then to remember - but you will have a hard time convincing me that 25 is the new 10.

Bo doesn't have to equal what Tom did. One of the greatest coaches of all time. But hopefully people don't get any wrong ideas about what exactly Osborne accomplished in his early tenure. If he took a lot of heat for it, it was only due to the expectations being even higher at the time.

OU got the trophies, and played in the Orange Bowl, which was reserved for the Big 8 champ. The original rebuttal was directed at not winning a trophy, and had nothing to do with top 10 finishes.

Tom's average final AP ranking is #8 over twenty five years, I'd like to see Bo finish in the top ten at least once before you compare him to Tom at all.

Myself, I'd like to see Bo wear red pants on gameday before we start comparing.

I guess you'll have to explain to me how ostensibly equal co-champs didn't both get trophies. Honest question -- I don't know. All I can do is look up the past standings and see T-1, Fiesta Bowl 1975, and T-1, Orange Bowl 1978.

There is no co-champion when the conference has a round robin sched. All teams play each other. There are head to head tiebreakers for deciphering 2 teams with equal records. After that of course there can be 3 way ties, which we saw in 1978. But in 75', OU won that game, so in common sense they won the conference. We may have gotten a share cuz we had the same record, but we didnt deserve it.

Tom's average final AP ranking is #8 over twenty five years, I'd like to see Bo finish in the top ten at least once before you compare him to Tom at all.

I concur.

Actually, I'm gonna say it. I'd like Bo a lot more on a day to day basis if he wore red pants on gameday.

I guess you'll have to explain to me how ostensibly equal co-champs didn't both get trophies. Honest question -- I don't know. All I can do is look up the past standings and see T-1, Fiesta Bowl 1975, and T-1, Orange Bowl 1978.
Its no different than 3-4 years ago when OSU, MSU, and UW all tied for 1st in the B1G. UW got the title and played in the rose.

There is no co-champion when the conference has a round robin sched. All teams play each other. There are head to head tiebreakers for deciphering 2 teams with equal records. After that of course there can be 3 way ties, which we saw in 1978. But in 75', OU won that game, so in common sense they won the conference. We may have gotten a share cuz we had the same record, but we didnt deserve it.

That's really weird. If there are tiebreakers, why did the conference still recognize co-champions? ....odd, but anyway. I suppose this means TO won outright in 1978, his 6th year. There was no 3-way tie that year.

I concur.

Actually, I'm gonna say it. I'd like Bo a lot more on a day to day basis if he wore red pants on gameday.

He needs to wear the Plaids like Ganz.

I concur.

That I dont agree with. Youre so full of crap. We all know that would never happen,