Athlon sports ranks the Big Ten coaches so you don't have to.

http://athlonsports.com/college-football/ranking-big-tens-college-football-coaches-2014

Here's a spoiler alert for you guys, Urban is number one, probably with no surprise. And here is our little blurb.

"9. Bo Pelini, Nebraska

Record at Nebraska: 58-24 (6 years)

Career Record: 58-24 (6 years)

Nebraska’s Program Rank: (No. 4 in Big Ten, No. 17 nationally)

Pelini is still looking for his first conference title or an appearance in a BCS bowl, but he has won at least nine games in each of his six seasons at Nebraska. While nine or ten victories a year works at most programs, is that an acceptable benchmark in Lincoln? Winning at Nebraska in 2014 is probably more challenging than it was in 1995, but according to recruiting rankings, the Cornhuskers have the No. 3 roster in the Big Ten. Although Pelini’s win total has been consistent and has five consecutive finishes in the final Associated Press poll, the expectations are huge at Nebraska. Would a 7-5 or 8-4 record in 2014 force athletic director Shawn Eichorst to rethink the direction of the program?"

Now is Bo a better coach than say, Jerry Kill? I'm going to say most likely. Really what stands out to me here isn't the ranking, though I'm sure that's going to ilicit several "ZOMG! Troll article for clicks! Anti Bo agenda makes me sad!" responses from the usual suspects. To that, I say, go ahead, miss the point.

Here's my takeaway.....the infamous win total that dare not be mentioned is brought up. I find is interesting to no end how many people who are hardcore Nebraska supporters will point to that and say that it's--that it's well -something-, while outsiders seem to still expect more out Nebraska. Or at least they think that there should be something better expected in Lincoln.

Also, if there's a 7-5 season in the horizon with the current schedule in 2014, well that is just a complete disaster. I would hope that would be a huge sign of the direction of the program.

Anyway, discuss if you please.

• Fire 4

ANTI BO AGENDA MAKES MR SAD! ZOMG YOU GUYS!!!

For reals though Im a little surprised by the #9 ranking. Figured he wouldve been in the top half. The 9 win mark really means nothing to me at this point. Its nice, like a product disclaimer on the box. Makes you feel safe.

Im not surprised however by the rest of the world still expecting more out of Nebraska. Like it or not even the Bolievers expect more. My support of Bo isnt solely based on 9 wins a year. Its based on the positives Ive seen and my optimism of where we are headed. Where as say Polo's distaste of Bo is based on the negatives hes seen, he feels weve hit our ceiling and thats that.

In the end this is a pretty trying season because yes, more is definitely expected here, that hasnt changed. Its just going to be a damn shame if Bo is forced out before reaping the fruits of his labor and the next guy comes in and takes all the credit. Thats the game though, win big win fast or move on. 2014 should either silence the doubters or give them a a boatload of arsenal for the evential regime change.

• Fire 1

Ferentz ??

I've yet to understand the love this guy gets.........??

2 BCS bowls, 2 conference championships, and generally pretty consistent at a school that has all of our shortcomings but none of our advantages.

More impressive is that he leads all B1G coaches in flatulence references.........

Hmmm.....ranked 9th and only one coach has a better career and conference record.

Do the other coaches have the same resources that Bo does?

Michigan does, for one.

By no means do I think Bo is anywhere close to coach of the year or anything like that, but if you compare side-by-side, I don't see how you can come out saying that Fitzgerald, Hoke and Kill are better at their jobs than Bo, and Ferentz and Dantonio don't have conclusive or obvious edges over him either.

• Fire 1

For reals though Im a little surprised by the #9 ranking. Figured he wouldve been in the top half. The 9 win mark really means nothing to me at this point. Its nice, like a product disclaimer on the box. Makes you feel safe.

Im not surprised however by the rest of the world still expecting more out of Nebraska. Like it or not even the Bolievers expect more. My support of Bo isnt solely based on 9 wins a year. Its based on the positives Ive seen and my optimism of where we are headed. Where as say Polo's distaste of Bo is based on the negatives hes seen, he feels weve hit our ceiling and thats that.

In the end this is a pretty trying season because yes, more is definitely expected here, that hasnt changed. Its just going to be a damn shame if Bo is forced out before reaping the fruits of his labor and the next guy comes in and takes all the credit. Thats the game though, win big win fast or move on. 2014 should either silence the doubters or give them a a boatload of arsenal for the evential regime change.

Zalinsky auto parts reference for the win btw.

But I struggle to see the shame where a situation might exist where someone "took Bo's credit" in a few years where Bo had no problem taking advantage of the players his predecessor brought in.

Kinda how it works.

Oh and the smart money on 2014 is neither one of your options. Some decent wins, probable losses to Miami, MSU and Wisconsin, (ie the teams with a pulse on the schedule) so a decent record and not much to show for it.

Hmmm.....ranked 9th and only one coach has a better career and conference record.

Do the other coaches have the same resources that Bo does?

Michigan does, for one.

By no means do I think Bo is anywhere close to coach of the year or anything like that, but if you compare side-by-side, I don't see how you can come out saying that Fitzgerald, Hoke and Kill are better at their jobs than Bo, and Ferentz and Dantonio don't have conclusive or obvious edges over him either.

Fitzgerald and Kill have definitely made the most of their circumstances. Northwestern will never be better than it is with Fitz. Kill has Minnesota making huge strides, and he clearly does not have the resources Nebraska has. Has Bo maxed out Nebraska's potential?

Hoke... I don't like him, but he's been to (and won) a BCS game and Bo hasn't. I don't necessarily agree, but I'm fing with them giving him a slight edge.

While I'm a supporter of keeping Bo under our circumstances-not for Bo, for the program (I'll make that clear, since that's always a forgotten fact)-I'm still mind-boggled, despite hearing what I heard, that he kept his job after the Iowa game. And I've said before last season that he's created this 9/10 win basement, and that anything less than that will mean his job. He made 9 wins last year by one play basically. But technically, he was keeping his job with 8 anyway. So I'll agree, injuries or not, another season like last, and I'm honestly not sure he can keep the job with anything less than a 9 win REGULAR season. It really is time to put up or shut up. We're heading into year 3 of the supposed improved recruiting. We're at a point of good continuity on the staff aside from the DB coach. And, we're nothing less than 100% settled into the new conference. So I'll agree that there really is no excuses. I hope it works, and think it will. Maybe not a conference title. Probably not a National title. But I bet we see a performance and progress this season that gets the fanbase all back on the same page and says "ok Bo. Youre gettin it. Now let's roll with this". Last year just felt like too much of a "line in the sand" type of year, and I sense that the coaches know it too. So we'll see.

With that said, Bo is a top 5 coach in the Big 10 in my opiniono and I guess I just need convincing otherwise or who of the remaining 7 are better. And no way in hell should Brady Hoke be ahead of Bo in any way shape or form. I dont care if it's one spot.

I also need to add that I understand that there'd be some inconsistencies ( i guess) and/or contradictions in making such a list. We have some coaches with only a year or two under their belt in the conference. We have some coaches entering their first year in the conference. And we have two programs as a whole entering their first year in the conference. So such a list is probably nothing more than just a shot in the dark and probably shouldnt be read too much into.

Fitzgerald and Kill have definitely made the most of their circumstances. Northwestern will never be better than it is with Fitz. Kill has Minnesota making huge strides, and he clearly does not have the resources Nebraska has. Has Bo maxed out Nebraska's potential?

Hoke... I don't like him, but he's been to (and won) a BCS game and Bo hasn't. I don't necessarily agree, but I'm fing with them giving him a slight edge.

I just think that is cherrypicking and deflecting from "okay but who is actually the better coach?" Like I can see why people might think so, and won't get into any passionate debates about it, but if you look at entire bodies of work, including or regardless of context, whichever you want, those guys have a hard time convincing me they are anything special at all or any better than who we've got.

Zalinsky auto parts reference for the win btw.

But I struggle to see the shame where a situation might exist where someone "took Bo's credit" in a few years where Bo had no problem taking advantage of the players his predecessor brought in.

Kinda how it works.

Oh and the smart money on 2014 is neither one of your options. Some decent wins, probable losses to Miami, MSU and Wisconsin, (ie the teams with a pulse on the schedule) so a decent record and not much to show for it.

Im not going to be mad if the next guy come in and kicks ass. Thatd be super. Itd just be bittersweet for me being a Bo suporter. A Nebraska win is always going to outweigh the other factors.

Yeah sure we could have another 9 win mediocre type season but with all the new players more settled in I expect 10-11 wins verbatim, potentially 12 if we really cut down the turnovers. Thats my standard for the year. Anything less will make me rather indifferent towards the current staff. Love Bo but damn we need a step forward.

And thankyou for catching the Tommy Boy reference.