Cowherd says USC plays no one

Collin Cowherd (sp?) said on the radio today that USC plays no one next year out of conference. He then goes on to say that he did not have USC's schedule infront of him so he didn't know who USC was playing other then ND which they play at the end of the season, so USC would be ready for them and predicted they would be back in the national title game.

I guess he should have looked at the schedule to see USC has Arkansas, Nebraska and Notre Dame on the schedule. Ignorant statement to make on the air without checking the schedule. Kinda suprised because it was just last week he said NU was a year away from being back in a national title game or at least challanging for 1

I think Arkansas will surprise a lot of people next year. I am not a fan but they have some good young talent on the team. For those who have not seen him, the McFadden kid at running back is the real deal. He looked every bit as good as a freshmen as Peterson at OU did. The Hogs usually play very well in Fayetteville. I think we will find out alot about how good USC will be after this game. I hope the Hog defense lays the wood to USC and softens them up a bit for the Huskers.

I like the spirit of your post, and am in agreement for the most part, but the comparison between McFadden, who is an excellent young back, and Pederson, who had the best Freshman year in the history of College football, is a little bit out of place. Pederson put up 1900 yards rushing and was seriously considered for the heisman. He did play on a better team, but I have watched both players play, and trust me, Pederson is much better. I do hope he puts up some big numbers against USC though :thumbs

This guy sounds like an idiot but he's nothing compared to Randy Galloway. I have to listen to this guys crap everyday down here. Last week he talked for about an hour and a half on Vince Young and how he was the most dominant college football player every. I called in to argue for Herschel Walker and before I could even state my case he hung up on me. Real classy.

Cowherd isn't that bad, actually gives NU some love whenever he discusses them. Couple weeks ago he was talking to Beano and said the NU head-coaching job is one of the top 10 in college FB. He's not a hater, he simply has to cover every sport in the country and probably isn't as familiar w/NU or USC's schedule like every die-hard Husker fan is. He's much better to listen to than Jim Rome.

I caught the show today and it wasn't as bad as others have made it out to be. Actually, Cowherd didn't diss Nebraska at all. He was talking about Notre Dame's schedule and the fact that its fairly easy except for USC. He did say that USC would be prime for picking early in the season while their QB gets some experience and the Trojans would be tougher later in the year. He also said that USC hasn't lost a game in Oct or November in years, but we get them in September.