Which Win was better?

Which victory was better?  

54 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We hadn't figured our own defense out until mid-way through that game, eight games into the season when Bo threw up his hands and said to the defense, "What do you guys want to do?" After the guys figured out what they wanted and started playing fun football (blanket coverage, kill the quarterback) Northwestern went something like ten straight possessions without scoring after that

Did Pelini actually throw his hands up and say this?.......or was there a specific defensive alignment he was asking the players if they were more comfortable with? It may have something to do with how we aligned our front seven..........

Some creative liberties may have been used in that description. I'd have to go look it up to see how that actually went down, but I vaguely remember some player quotes saying they were all on "different pages" or some such thing, Bo basically asked them what they wanted to do, the players told him, and from there things got better.

Coincidentally (or not), that was the turning point for the defense last year.

No argument there.

Again. It seemed the staff was trying to be too cute up to that point. A "damn. Look at all this young talent we have. We can do tjis and this and this". When in fact all you need to do when you have an influx of considerably better talent is just continue to lineup and play football

I liked both of these because they did end up in the win column but I voted "other".

95 Fiesta Bowl vs Florida. I think unarguably a better win than the other two, imo.

Me too. I think it will always be my favorite game. Not only was is a total smash mouth domination in every way imaginable, but it gave me vivid memories of Spurrier just looking absolutely dumbfounded and lost. I think I enjoyed that the most. He was the definition of "shellshocked".....

• Fire 1

We hadn't figured our own defense out until mid-way through that game, eight games into the season when Bo threw up his hands and said to the defense, "What do you guys want to do?" After the guys figured out what they wanted and started playing fun football (blanket coverage, kill the quarterback) Northwestern went something like ten straight possessions without scoring after that

Did Pelini actually throw his hands up and say this?.......or was there a specific defensive alignment he was asking the players if they were more comfortable with? It may have something to do with how we aligned our front seven..........

Some creative liberties may have been used in that description. I'd have to go look it up to see how that actually went down, but I vaguely remember some player quotes saying they were all on "different pages" or some such thing, Bo basically asked them what they wanted to do, the players told him, and from there things got better.

http://m.omaha.com/huskers/air-jordan-westerkamp-huskers-rally-past-northwestern-on-hail-mary/article_1c35616a-0163-5fd6-8857-987f579ae83b.html?mode=jqm

“We weren't proud of the way we came out,” defensive end Jason Ankrah said. “The last thing we wanted to do was let Kain take over the game. And that's what it looked like.”

After Northwestern gained 160 yards on 18 plays and took a 14-7 lead, Papuchis and Pelini asked players for a rare thing: their opinion. What defense do you want to run, they asked. Players preferred a switch back to the four-man front and basic principles. Papuchis and Pelini agreed and sent blitz after blitz at the Wildcats. Fun defense. Fast defense.

“They got out of coach mode,” said freshman linebacker Josh Banderas. “They had a conversation with us. They got real with us. They're always real, but they got personal. ... We felt more like a team. We were in this together. It wasn't coaches giving us instruction. It was 'we're in it all