USC's WCO verses NU's WCO

DJR313

USC runs it 80% of the time. What Nebraska and USC are doing is a carbon copy of each other, except USC is loaded with more talent right now.

<formerfan dusts off obscure 5 year old article with Carson Palmer supposedly saying USC doesn't use the WCO>

Brace yourself :thumbs

USC runs it 80% of the time. What Nebraska and USC are doing is a carbon copy of each other, except USC is loaded with more talent right now.

<formerfan dusts off obscure 5 year old article with Carson Palmer supposedly saying USC doesn't use the WCO>

Brace yourself :thumbs

Its true, damn true. ;) Not only did their former QB say it and distiguish the differences, Ive watched both USC and NU, and what they do are not "carbon copies" of each other, even if billy c says its so.

Link provided if needed :thumbs

I guess Carson Palmer is the end all be all on what is and isn't a "West Coast" offense?

Myself, I am actually interested in learning as much as I can about it. One thing I have learned is that it is a VERY broad and sometimes misunderstood term. As a matter of fact, when the term was coined. Read this, it's interesting.

Myself, I am actually interested in learning as much as I can about it. One thing I have learned is that it is a VERY broad and sometimes misunderstood term. As a matter of fact, when the term was coined. Read this, it's interesting.

Great find, good read :thumbs

I guess Carson Palmer is the end all be all on what is and isn't a "West Coast" offense?

Not sure about that, but when he played in Paul Hackett's "West Coast Offense" and in Norm Chow's (whatever it is they call it) I'm sure he has a better idea than, well, any of us. No??

People said the world was flat at one time too. I have a link if you need as well.

Nay, still believe it: http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/flatearth.html

I guess that everyone on here knows more about USCs offense then does their former qb????? :wacko:

And i guess Jim "dropped the chalupa" Rose knows more about Cal then their own fans :wacko:

Its true, damn true.  Not only did their former QB say it and distinguish the differences, Ive watched both USC and NU, and what they do are not "carbon copies" of each other, even if billy c says its so.

So if you say it's not a WCO, it's true, but someone who coaches and has been doing it for almost 30 years has no clue right? :clap:rollin

I am more inclined to believe an actual professional then an amateur like yourself, specially who always has something negative to say and claims he's a husker yet cant even treat the main head coach with some respect.

Here is the liknk to the West Coast Offense homepage. Yes it has a homepage. WEST COAsT OFFENSE.COMAny info on it coinage, formations (college and pro), etc can be found here. Here is a family tree from the site....kind of intersesting.

westcoasttree.gif

Here are thesites contents:

INTRODUCTION AND DEFINITION

QUICK OVERVIEW

HISTORY AND EVOLUTION

PRACTICE PLANNING AND GAME PLANNING

LAYING OUT THE GAME PLAN

TERMINOLOGY

PLAYBOOK INDEX - NEW MATERIAL

REFERENCES AND COACHES

LINKS

IMPLEMENTING AND PRACTICING AN OFFENSIVE GAME PLAN

A METHOD FOR GAME PLANNING

DEVELOPING A TOP TEN PROGRAM

People said the world was flat at one time too. I have a link if you need as well.

Nay, still believe it: http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/flatearth.html

I guess that everyone on here knows more about USCs offense then does their former qb????? :wacko:

Hey now, I just love mocking the Flat Earth Society; I don't know enough about USC to get into this argument proper.

There is a slight difference former. While Palmer was commenting on the difference between Hackett's offense and Chow's offense, Callahan was commenting directly on the comparison between Nebraska's offense and USC's. The name is not important, and yes, Callahan would know alot more about his own offensive playbook, which he invented and what USC is running than Carson would know about the technicalities of what make an offense "west coast"

There is a slight difference former. While Palmer was commenting on the difference between Hackett's offense and Chow's offense, Callahan was commenting directly on the comparison between Nebraska's offense and USC's. The name is not important, and yes, Callahan would know alot more about his own offensive playbook, which he invented and what USC is running than Carson would know about the technicalities of what make an offense "west coast"

Invented? I am not so sure about that.

Well Said. The comparions that Carson was giving and the one Callahan was giving have nothing to do with each other.

I didnt say he invented the plays or formations in the playbook, allthough i am sure a couple are his, i said he invented the playbook. He isnt using someone else's playbook. My point is to merely point out the fact that Callahan would know what the heck he was talking about when he compared our offense to USC's, and that Palmer wasnt talking about us at all.

So if you say it's not a WCO, it's true, but someone who coaches and has been doing it for almost 30 years has no clue right?  :clap  :rollin

I am more inclined to believe an actual professional then an amateur like yourself,

Thats fine, but billy c has a penchant for saying whatever makes him look good.

Remember "What throat slash, I didnt make a throat slash gesture???"