"Ya'll Qaeda", or How Law Enforcement Says Sovereign Citizens are the Biggest Terrorism Threat

From our new B1G member, the University of Maryland, and their START Consortium

LINK (Article)

LINK (PDF of Report)

Sovereign citizen, Islamist extremist and militia/patriot groups are perceived by law enforcement agencies to pose the greatest threats to their communities, according to a new START study. While sovereign citizens were the top concern of law enforcement, assessments about whether most groups were a serious terrorist threat actually declined for most groups (e.g., the KKK; Christian Identity; Neo-Nazis; Racist Skinheads; Environmental Extremists; Animal Rights Extremists) when compared to a previous study.

The Sovereign Citizen movement was the most highly ranked threat, with 86 percent of respondents agreeing or strongly agreeing that it was a serious terrorist threat. This is a significant increase in ranking from an earlier survey implemented in 2006-2007, which showed Islamist extremists to be law enforcement’s top concern at the time. In that survey, approximately 67 percent agreed or strongly agreed that Islamist extremists were a serious terrorist threat.

To me, the next logical step for folks like Rick Perry, or the Open Carry folks that seem to be a few crayons shy of a full box is making and validating an attempt to overthrow Federal government. We've seen people do this in Nevada, especially when it's clear that the rancher was on the wrong side of the law and that Federal reps were more than lenient, and lately with the derp surrounding the illegal immigrant children that need to be temporarily housed.

What happens if one of those folks from Nevada decides to open fire first? Even if it's well documented, recorded, etc., this kind of stupidity can easily be used as a rallying cry to invoke some sort of second civil war, especially if your opponent has been dehumanized and vilified as much as Obama has?

Apparently it's disconcerting enough that the overwhelming majority of domestic Law Enforcement thinks it's a valid concern...

• Fire 1

The Nebraska Oath Keepers were marching in the Gretna Days Parade a couple weekends ago. They were handing out flyers, I just smiled at the guy and said, "no thanks". The guy next to me said he would take one and the Oath Keeper said while looking at me, "At least we have a few men willing to fight for America..."

Even the "harmless" groups, that may even have good intentions, can turn scary with a dynamic person with a twisted sense of reality.

• Fire 2

Even the "harmless" groups, that may even have good intentions, can turn scary with a dynamic person with a twisted sense of reality.

That pretty much sums up the Tea Party right there--they may have started with good intentions, but their sense of reality has quickly become distorted, flawed, and is quickly becoming dangerous.

When you match impressionable dullards with guns and a hysterical media bandying about the word "tyrant" as if it applied to Obama––because delaying one provision of one law by one year is basically the same thing as Caesar crossing the Rubicon or Marc Antony and Octavion ordering the assassination of Cicero and hundreds of rich noblemen––you're begging for an incident.

I'm especially troubled by our volunteer "border security" forces, small men with big guns wearing ski masks and pointing semi-automatic weapons at children. These people call themselves Americans, but I'll be damned if I can figure out why. They're basically the Taliban with better firearms.

• Fire 3

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local/article/Photos-show-border-militias-moving-across-Texas-5647487.php

Yea, I'd say they pose a top threat.

622x350.jpg

Doesn't help that wanna be cowboys like Rick Perry and Sean Hannity are out there making this "mainstream"

If that fella showed up at my doorstep I would prolly give him some candy. And let him know that he's two and a half months early for Halloween. That's just pathetic. :facepalm:

/ shakes head.

What's interesting is that the source of this data isn't what conservative extremists consider the 'lamestream' media--this is data coming directly from law enforcement in the United States saying this.

I guess that's why we're not seeing any self-identified Tea Party supporters contesting this info?