Opposing coaches size up the Cornhuskers:

For some reason, i seem to be in the minority of someone who is super optimistic.

This offseason seemed to be a wakeup call for Bo.

I know the stuff on Twitter seems small or insignificant, but i think it shows that Bo is finally listening to others and trying to make changes.

Look at this recruiting class for 2015...

Seems to me like these guys are finally hitting their stride.

I am not saying we are going to win 12 games, but i dont think 11 is out of the question.

Wisconsin lost a ton from last years team.

Michigan State is good but i also think we always play them VERY tough and close.

Miami doesnt have a QB

Fresno State has a new guy.

I just have a ton of hope that this defense is going to be VERY good.

The offense will be more consistent... with Taylor it was either dynamic or a trainwreck.. i think this team with Tommy Arm-so-strong will be CONSISTENT... he throws a nice deep ball... Ameer has people scared.. O line has some excellent depth.

Personally I am very optimistic about the year. There is no team on the schedule that will be able to out talent Nebraska other than maybe Miami.

The defense will be solid and has the potential to be very good. If they stay healthy along the d-line they should be top 20 for sure.

Cutting down on turnovers is the key to this team being successful. Turnovers do happen, they just can't have that 4-5 turnover game against a Miami, Wisconsin, MSU or Iowa and expect to win.

Offensively they have a lot of weapons. Personally I don't question TA ability, I just question his durability. I think Stanton may start at least 1 game this year due to TA being banged up.

As long as we don't make another Brett Smith look like a Heisman candidate, we shall be fine. We have been over the fact that we play almost no real sluggers at QB other than Conner Cook. Considering our secondary is the place to take advantage if you can, this may work out well for us this year. If our front 7 keeps things in front of them we should put up some good numbers this year. We do have quite a few good RB's we need to stop every week.

Screw it

I think we can win em all.

Seriously. We have 2 of the top 20 players in the country (Abdullah and Gregory) in positions vital to winning championships.

We have the pieces, but we need Tommy to be cool in the pocket and a special teams overhaul.

This offseason seemed to be a wakeup call for Bo.

I know the stuff on Twitter seems small or insignificant, but i think it shows that Bo is finally listening to others and trying to make changes.

Year 7 wakeup call? :hmmph

Look at this recruiting class for 2015...

The 2015 class doesn't look much different than Bo's previous classes. What am I missing?

Some things take time... It is not ideal, but 9 wins a year isnt awful.. that wakeup call =11 wins.. ill take it.

Are you blind? This is the first time the class has been this big/this deep/ this fast.... top 20 class right now i believe...

Screw it

Seriously. We have 2 of the top 20 players in the country (Abdullah and Gregory) in positions vital to winning championships.

We have the pieces, but we need Tommy to be cool in the pocket and a special teams overhaul.

first and foremost we have to clean up turnovers.

Screw it

if we do that, we win 5 championships in a row.. right?

Screw it

we probably win an average of 1.5 more games a season.

Screw it

we probably win an average of 1.5 more games a season.

I'd agree with that.

If we average the same amount of turnovers as our opponent this season, then we're in better shape than the last few years. If we WON the turnover battle, sh#t, anything is possible.

• Fire 1

Are you blind? This is the first time the class has been this big/this deep/ this fast.... top 20 class right now i believe...

It's not where we are right now. It's where we are on signing day and I betcha it doesn't look too different come February 2015.

We'll see. At least that would give us hope for something different. :thumbs

I was going to start a topic about one of those quotes, but might as well lump it in here. The one quote that caught my eye was about the possibility of TA and AA running the more classic option from the under center. We saw some brief glimpses of it the past few seasons, but it seemed like Tommy has a pretty smooth option look, much better than TMart. With the talent we have on offense and especially in the backfield, it would seem to play into our stengths, Super excited about the diamond formation possibilities. Any thoughts on that?

It's not where we are right now. It's where we are on signing day and I betcha it doesn't look too different come February 2015.

Quite being a sour puss, haha. You have to admit the 2015 class has one heck of a foundation to build on, if it can be held together and we have a strong season, we could really finish with one of the best rated classes Nebraska has seen in quite a while. Granted it won't be a huge class, but the quality really seems to be there. And it's seems like the staff has gotten better at finding diamonds in the rough before other big schools and offering them right before they hit the camp circuit and blow up. I credit garrison, kaz and warren for building a better recruiting pattern.

Quite being a sour puss, haha. You have to admit the 2015 class has one heck of a foundation to build on, if it can be held together and we have a strong season, we could really finish with one of the best rated classes Nebraska has seen in quite a while. Granted it won't be a huge class, but the quality really seems to be there. And it's seems like the staff has gotten better at finding diamonds in the rough before other big schools and offering them right before they hit the camp circuit and blow up. I credit garrison, kaz and warren for building a better recruiting pattern.

Maybe it's being a sourpuss . . . maybe it's being burned every time this coaching staff gets my hopes up . . . I don't know. One way or another we need a change. (Not necessarily meaning a coaching change.)

eh. any of these kids could decommit by signing day 2015, so i'll wait for the ink to dry before i get too excited.

• Fire 1

Maybe it's being a sourpuss . . . maybe it's being burned every time this coaching staff gets my hopes up . . . I don't know. One way or another we need a change. (Not necessarily meaning a coaching change.)

How's about a change in having less injuries? Less turnovers? More punt return yards? I'll take those changes. When you consider that we had an early injury to a 4 year starter at QB and our best -lineman, we had a pretty good season.